• More than 20 years of experience• Current Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospital Donostia - Osakidetza / Basque Health Service
• Stay in the specialty of Orthopedics in Children Faculte de Medicine of Montpellier• Stay in the specialty of orthopedic surgery at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Baltimore• Stay specializing in Orthopedic Surgery at Hospital for Special Surgery New York ...
• Professor at the University of Salamanca (August 1989)• Professor at the University of the Basque Country / Euskal Herriko Uniberts (September 1993)
• Professor at the University of the Basque Country / Euskal Herriko Uniberts in the Department of Surgery, Radiology and Physical Medicine (March 1998)• Director and Head of the Master "Accident and Emergency Medicosurgical" UPV / EHU• Co Director and various doctoral theses, one at European level ...
• Degree in Medicine from the University of Valladolid (April 1976)• Doctor of Medicine from the University of Salamanca (March 1985)
• Specialist in Trauma and Orthopedic Surgery at the Complutense University of Madrid (July 1979• Director and co-director of various national and European Doctoral Thesis ...
*Translated with Google translator. We apologize for any imperfection
Patient reviews for dr. Jaime Usabiaga Zarranz
Would you recommend this doctor?
Friendliness of the staff
All reviews are from verified patients booked through Top Doctors.
Bone tumors are growths of new bone tissue that develops through the progressive multiplication of cells. Such tumors are divided into benign and mal Bone tumors are growths of new bone tissue that develops through the progressive multiplication of cells. Such tumors are divided into benign and malignant tumors. Benign tumors are composed of cells of normal tissue, they are slow growing and do not invade neighboring structures. Malignant tumors the cells are different from normal tissue to grow rapidly, invade nearby structures and can be played remotely by metastases. As for the symptoms, the pain can be intense, localized bit. When symptoms such as weight loss, fatigue and fever appear, you have to think about the existence of a malignant tumor. Surgery is the primary treatment in most of the tumors and may be accompanied by chemotherapy and radiotherapy. ...
Hip arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical technique that lets you view and work directly inside the joint with small incisions in the skin, lesHip arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical technique that lets you view and work directly inside the joint with small incisions in the skin, less than a centimeter each. This type of arthroscopy is indicated to diagnose certain problems of pain or blockage in the hip, for the extraction of intra-articular loose bodies, for breaks labrum (stabilizer cartilage of the femoral head) and the impingement (excess friction in the movements of the hip). The procedure is performed under general anesthesia and after its completion it is possible that the patient may feel discomfort, swelling and numbness in the pubis, for a few hours or days.
Arthroscopic knee surgery is a minimally invasive surgical technique for accessing the interior of the joint through small holes in the skin. Through Arthroscopic knee surgery is a minimally invasive surgical technique for accessing the interior of the joint through small holes in the skin. Through a small caliber lens inside the knee is observed and treat various injuries without opening. Arthroscopic knee surgery is used to remove or repair torn meniscus cartilage to anterior cruciate ligament injuries broken, cut broken pieces of articular cartilage, remove loose fragments of bone or cartilage or remove inflamed synovial tissue. Recovery from knee arthroscopy is much faster than traditional surgery. Then the patient must regularly exercise his knee for several weeks.
The spine surgery is to correct structural abnormalities of the spine that cause pain. It is indicated in cases where there is significant compressionThe spine surgery is to correct structural abnormalities of the spine that cause pain. It is indicated in cases where there is significant compression of the spinal cord or nerve roots, and when it is due undoubtedly to the structural abnormality detected. One of those treated by surgery of cervical spine injury is a herniated disc. Cervical surgery may be necessary to reduce pressure on the spinal cord or nerve roots, when pain is caused by a herniated disc or a bone of spinal canal. Trauma surgery may also be required to stabilize the cervical spine and minimize the possibility of paralysis, when a fracture or dislocation causes a vertebral instability. Likewise, cervical surgery is also used in case of degenerative diseases.
Source: All information contained on this page as well as office hours available, are provided directly by the doctor who has the ability to update them at all times in order to keep the information as accurate as possible.