Broncearnos capacity is directly related to our skin type , but bear in mind that, through proper diet, can be enhanced pigmentation and activate the melanin, which can also prolong the tan. Anyway, good nutrition not only helps to show off a nice tan for longer, but also to have a healthier and better looking skin.
Free radicals are atoms that directly contribute to premature skin aging. They can also cause cardiovascular disease considerably increasing levels of bad cholesterol, increase the risk of some cancers and are also related diseases like Parkinson's, diabetes, Alzheimer's disease or atherosclerosis. To combat them , in consultations of Aesthetic Medicine are advised to take a diet rich in antioxidants, as they are molecules that neutralize free radicals from solar radiation and restore the lipid barrier of the epidermis (superficial part of the skin). Thus, substances and products rich in essential antioxidants to keep skin healthy and protected from the sun are:
- Vitamin E can be found in sesame, sunflower oil, asparagus, parsley, chard, nuts, spinach, chicory, flax, olives, kiwis, peaches, etc.
- Betacarotenos: stimulate melanin production, which increases the elasticity of the skin, and are also precursors of vitamin A. It is found in foods such as beets, onions, carrots, spinach, peppers or fruits and orange vegetables (except the orange and the like).
- Polyphenols: are products like tea, soy, lentils, grapes, red wine or fruits and vegetables red and purple.
- Omega 7: is a monounsaturated fatty acid containing beneficial properties for the skin and mucous membranes. It can be found in olive oil, in avocado or curry.
- Goji seeds: Goji berries have high antioxidant agents various contents and help restore the hydrolipidic layer of the skin, giving firmness. Its properties are in the same oil.
- Astaxanthin: a powerful antioxidant that acts as sunscreen. We found in red fruits in the wild trout and salmon.
- Evening primrose oil and borage: have antipruritic and antiinflammatory properties and favor the recovery of the lipid layer of the skin. It also contains omega 3 and omega 6, vital for maintaining cell structure of the skin.
- Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant and collagen stimulator. It is found mainly in green vegetables and citrus.
So, remember that the important thing is to take one, preferably balanced diet rich in those healthier foods for our health and our appearance better.