Gymnastics Abdominal Hipopresiva (GAH) is a postural correction method that achieves lower the pressure in the thoracic, abdominal and pelvic cavities by performing certain postures (static and / or dynamic) and always with the help of an expiratory apnea.
This therapy is focused on the treatment and prevention of various functional pathologies: postural, digestive, gynecological, urinary and / or obstetric. It also has effects on respiratory, cardiovascular and metabolic levels.
The method Hypopressive
The GAH is a sequence of exercises that, through specific positions, automatically activate the inspiring muscles (diaphragm and accessory muscles). Expiratory intermittent increase apneas Hypopressive effect.
During the exercises the self - elongating the spine works, this causes a rise of the diaphragm and the suction itself raises intra - abdominal viscera (intestine, rectum, bladder, urethra, uterus and vagina) and causes a reflex contraction of the musculature pelvic floor. The GAH returned to the abdominal girdle its support function of internal organs in the abdomen, reprogrammed muscle response to increases in intra-abdominal pressure of everyday life and sports.
In the first session individually -always a series of tests are performed to assess the condition of each patient. Based on the results a treatment plan is established and learning expiratory apnea and exercises starts.
Benefits of Gymnastics Abdominal Hipopresiva
- Reduces waist circumference, increasing muscle tone of the abdominal muscles at rest: 2-4 cm less in 2-3 months. It tones the abdomen and defines the waist without harming the pelvic floor, as do common crunches.
- Postural correction: decreases backaches, tones muscles and balances the tone of the antigravity muscles hypertonic (spinal, hamstrings, psoas, quadratus).
- Normalizes tension of the respiratory muscles, especially the diaphragm. Improves respiratory parameters.
- Excellent Postparto method: helps restore the position, shape, the strength of the abdominal muscles, pelvic floor tone and visceral balance.
- Tones the pelvic floor: Prevents and treats urinary incontinence mild exertion, and the decline of the internal organs of the pelvis (prolapses). Improves sex life in men and women. Prevents erectile dysfunction. greater body awareness of anatomy and pelvic mobility is achieved.
- Power athletic performance because it increases breathing capacity and the concentration of red blood cells; as it also improves posture and biomechanics. Endurance athletes will see increased resistance. Muscle fatigue will come much later. Strength athletes will achieve optimal abdominal girdle and this will favor the transmission of forces to their extremities.
- Prevents the appearance of hernias: disc, umbilical, inguinal and vaginal.
- Pelvic decongestion: increase vascularization of internal organs. The same, for example, improves intestinal transit.
- Vascular drainage of the lower limbs: increases venous return and lymphatic. Indicated in edema, heavy legs and / or circulatory problems.
Abdominal Gymnastics Results Hipopresiva
Benefits between two and six months, depending on the initial situation of each person are appreciated.
It is required that the exercises are performed correctly and consistently; Classes last between 45-60 minutes and practiced once or twice a week in the first month and the next should be daily or at least 3 days a week.
Reprogramming ends when the professional expert in the Hypopressive method performs the test with the expected result. From this moment, only regular maintenance is needed.
Recommendations for Gymnastics Abdominal Hipopresiva
It is important to drink plenty of water after practicing this exercise (better if it is rich in minerals), as there is a significant increase of free radicals and a loss of at least 1.5 liters of water per hour. It is recommended to accompany the usual practice with a hipotóxica diet rich in fruits and vegetables, restricted dairy, red meat and cereals.
Indications for Gymnastics Abdominal Hipopresiva
- Women who have given birth.
- People with decrease of abdominal or pelvic organs.
- Patients with problems of urinary or fecal incontinence.
- Pre and Postoperative abdominal, gynecological and / or urological surgery.
- People who suffer from constipation.
- Sportsmen who want to improve their athletic performance.
Contraindications Gymnastics Abdominal Hipopresiva
Method Hypopressive techniques are complex so if not done properly and under the supervision of a qualified professional can give totally different from the expected results.
The physiotherapist will make an overall assessment of their health status to detect conditions or contraindications, and adapt the exercises according to the needs of each.
The main contraindications are:
- Hypertension: should follow a medical treatment for hypertension, and always according to your doctor, the specialist physiotherapist should apply Hypopressive individual treatment (Tensile Transfer Techniques) with optimal control of your blood pressure and heart rate. In these cases the GAH group practice is not allowed, because exercises increase blood pressure.
- During pregnancy, repetitive practice of these exercises could trigger uterine contractions and cause premature delivery or a natural abortion.
- After delivery, it is preferable, unless objections obstetrician gynecologist or refrain from practicing hipopresivos exercises for 6 weeks (because the involution of the uterus is prevented).
- Faced with hip joint problems, knee or shoulder, the physiotherapist should set a personalized exercise program hipopresivos. In these cases, for obvious reasons, the collective Hipopresiva gymnastics would be inadvisable.
- Hiatal hernia. By the updraft to which the diaphragm is subjected during the expiratory apnea, GAH could increase the patient's symptoms. Also in uncontrolled and very large abdominal hernias generally, there should be a pre-medical activity control.
- Severe intestinal problems such as Crohn's disease. Since these exercises increase vascularization abdominal and visceral mobility, may worsen the symptoms of these patients.
- Severe kidney problems.