RELEX eye smile is a minimally invasive technique that allows correction of myopia and astigmatism femtosecond laser latest generation. Thus, it is a quick and effective treatment that reduces postoperative complications and provides enormous benefits to the patient.
Technical RELEX smile: what it is
This novel technique provides a refractive femtosecond laser correction and, unlike other laser eye surgeries, without lifting the corneal flap, also called flap. So RELEX smile is carried out in three steps:
- Femtosecond laser creates a thin lenticule and a small access within 3 mm of the cornea.
- The specialist in Ophthalmology extracts the lenticule through the small access, without affecting the corneal flap without performing the circular of 20 mm necessary in conventional techniques such as cutting Lasik.
- Lenticule removal reshapes the cornea, so that the refractive error of the eye is corrected.
As for the postoperative recovery period is at least a couple of days, so the patient can be incorporated into their daily activity (work, sports, bathing, applying cosmetics, etc.) almost immediately, as no risk that the corneal flap moves.
Advantages of RELEX smile
Thanks to its minimally invasive technique, this treatment offers numerous advantages over other refractive surgeries:
- Cutting edge technology
- No need to lift the corneal flap or flap
- Corneal nerves intact (which prevents dry eye syndrome)
- No risk of displacement of the circular cutting blade surface
- Anesthesia with drops
- Without pain
- Speedy recovery and incorporation into daily life
- Especially suitable for athletes