Summer is a risk factor Proctologic mainly for two reasons:
- The heat. Since we sweat more, we lose more fluids which are not always adequately replenish. For this reason, the stools are compactare.
- With commuting and travel habits we change our schedules and our diet. We eat less fiber, we do more hearty meals, spices and spicy, and increased consumption of alcoholic beverages,
All this may be the cause of an external hemorrhoidal thrombosis.
Thromboses external hemorrhoid
External hemorrhoidal thrombosis occurs in a few hours. It begins with a sore, stinging or weight in the anal region, often after straining.
The next day the patient gets up with a package, which can be from one centimeter to reach scandalous proportions.
The pain felt varies, depending on the size of the hemorrhoid, but steady.
If we look with the help of a mirror, we see a lesion the size of a pea, usually purplish color because the blood clot that lives inside.
At this point, the body has to reabsorb the thrombus. For this it is necessary that:
- Follow a diet rich in fruit and fiber, and drink plenty of water. Not to overdo fruit as not to get diarrhea.
- Take an anti - inflammatory, if you do not have ulcerous background. This helps overcome the feeling of pressure and local inflammation, in addition to promoting the dissolution of the clot.
- Take a venotónico. They are drugs that promote venous return, and improve venous blood flow back to the heart.
- Chapter ointments: there is no better or worse than another ointment. Some are more neutral and others have menthol, generate a cooling effect. Almost all bear corticoid in their formula which acts as anti inflammatory. We must make it clear that they are not going to dissolve the clot that is inside the thrombosed vein or shorten the period of convalescence. Our own healing mechanisms thrombolysis and those who are responsible for doing so. Anyway, they produce symptomatic relief as almost all carry some topical local anesthetic.
- Relative rest. Humans are the only mammals that suffer from hemorrhoids because we stand. The fact of remaining time lying improves hydrostatic pressure in the area, favoring the desinflamación in the area.
If all else fails, and clinical outcome is not good, the following would visit the specialist Proctology or, or , failing that , a surgeon.