Undoubtedly, the dramatic increase in obesity in recent years in the Western world, due to the great increase in the globalization of the welfare state, has led us to plastic surgeons to rethink more effective strategies in the solutions to the problems that this original trend.
The solutions against obesity are multiple, some of social type, such as diets, physical exercise, ordering of life forms etc. more typical of medicine in general because, apart from aesthetic problems, obesity is also the cause of important health disorders. Others also require pharmacological treatments for having their causes in some diseases and others require more radical surgical treatments, such as morbid obesity, as they can seriously threaten one's life.
Cosmetic surgery can help to fix obesity when it is localized, especially through liposuction of specific areas such as abdomen, thighs, etc.
How can cosmetic surgery provide a solution to flaccidity after weight loss?
Cosmetic surgery is definitive and essential after the thinning , where, inevitably, a more or less intense flaccidity will appear throughout the body, depending a lot on the age, intensity and speed of weight loss, etc.
In recent years our team has been thoroughly specialized in post-thinning flaccidity solutions , which has allowed us to intervene several flacidity in a single surgical operation.
We list the most frequent interventions in the treatment of flaccidity after large slimming:
- Abdominoplasty, Abdominal Dermolipectomy : Operation that removes all the excess skin and fat from the navel to the pubis and tenses all remaining abdominal tissues.
- Liposuction : Destined to eliminate in concrete areas the excess of accumulated fat after thinning, for example on sides, thighs, arms, etc.
- Mastopexy : Consists of remodeling and raising the flaccid breast and fall after weight loss. In the case of large breasts, lifting and tightening the tissues or, in case of small breasts, adding prosthesis.
- Crural Meloplasty : Destined to correct the flaccidity of the inner part of the thigh, by incisions in the groin, detachment and stretching of the skin and excess fat.
- Brachioplasty : Removal and stretching of the skin and fat of the inner arm area, from the armpit to the elbow.
- Lumbar dermolipectomy : It consists in the extirpation of the flaccid and lower part of the back and the tensing of the buttocks with or without placement of prosthesis, as the case may be.
- Facelift : Through incisions hidden in the hair around the ear, it stretches the skin of the face and neck, eliminating sagging.
- Blepharoplasty : Eliminates flaccidity of the eyelids and bags.
- Breast reduction. Case of diminishing the size of the breasts and raising their fall.
- Breast augmentation. Case of filling and / or increasing the desired breast size.
- Buttocks. Buttock prosthesis : consists of filling and tensing the buttocks, especially in the upper part.
Given that these defects tend to occur jointly in different proportions according to each weight loss and person, the great advance achieved with the experience of these years together with the advances of aesthetic surgery and anesthesia, is the ability to perform several of these procedures in a single surgical act. We managed to minimize the stay in clinic that rarely exceed 24 or 48 hours, in addition to significantly reduce the risk of treatment of post-obesity flaccidity or large slimming.