One of the most interesting working fields consists oocyte vitrification. Vitrification is to maintain cell structures at very low temperatures until the time that will be used. In this sense, the advantage in the field of assisted reproduction, can postpone the reproductive capacity of women as long as it wishes, precluding the possibility of fertility. Thus women do not lose the ability to conceive in the future, as would occur naturally.
It is a process suitable for certain groups of women:
- Women who wish to postpone motherhood
- Women who have undergone cancer treatment or gonadotoxic
- Women with various surgeries in the ovaries, as in cases of women with endometriosis
- Patients that it is preferable to perform embryo transfer in different follicular stimulation cycle
- Patients with low response, to accumulate oocytes or have enough
Itself the future reproduction of women 's cause should not be assumed as a dramatic improvement in terms of reproduction techniques, but rather as a change in the approach and the way in which experts in assisted reproduction face problems fertility. The aim is to avoid reaching the point where they go to see a woman with a history of infertility oocyte quality.
Thus, experts believe that the way is to make all women who wish to vitrify their eggs for use if they need in the future. To do think they should make an outreach to help young women to be aware of the possibilities that exist to preserve their "oocyte capital."
Edited by Roser Berner Ubasos.