Dr. Jaime Carbonell Casasús
• More than 25 years of experience• Medical Director Dr. Carbonell ORL Institute (2003-present) • He is currently a teacher of the Clincia Surgeries Palmaplanas (Hospital Chiron Palmaplanas )• Currently he is a doctor of Policlinic Sa Pobla• Residency in Otolaryngology at the Son Dureta Hospital in Palma de Mallorca ( Head of Dr. M. Bernal Sprekelsen ) ( January 1992-December 1995 )• Deputy External Service Otorrinolaringologia the Son Dureta Hospital Guards assigned to service and reinforcement of Operating Room ( since February 1996)• Assistant allowance of Otolaryngology (Dr. J. M Lopez-Viota ) (since dicembre 1996)• Specialist Telefonica ( Concluded with INSALUD for visits Specialist ) (December 1996)• Deputy FEA Service Otolaryngology ( April-June 1997 )• Medico Guard in the Psychiatric Hospital of Palma de Mallorca ( Plaza for opposition ) ( November 89 )• Guard Medical Clinic Balear in Palma de Mallorca (January 91-June 91 )• Medico Guard in the Psychiatric Hospital of Palma de Mallorca ( Plaza for opposition ) (June 91-September 91 )• Guard Medical Clinica Rotger in Palma de Mallorca ( Square on merit ) (June 91-December 91 )• Resident responsible for the organization and carrying out of the Clinicas Sessions (4 week) ...
Positions in public associations
• Secretary General of the Association for the Promotion of Research in ORL ( year ) since its foundation ( 1994-1996 )• Vice President of the Organizing Committee of the Sixteenth National Congress of the Spanish Society of Otolaryngology, held in Palma de Mallorca (6 to 10 October 1996)
• Roundtable, Invited Lecture. Professions . Banca March Auditorium. Rotary Club ( 1988)• Service of Otolaryngology ( Head of Department:Dr. M. Bernal Sprekelsen ). 1995. • Courses of instruction in national congresses of the specialty• Continuing training courses Hospital Son Dureta• Continuous training courses of the College of Physicians of Palma de Mallorca• Continuous training courses, GESMA• He has taught 17 courses and has organized three ...
• Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Barcelona ( 1989)• Courses 3rd Cycle ( PhD ) by the Autonomous University of Barcelona • Research Aptitude (1992 )• Master in Health Administration ( June 2001 ) ...
Publications and conferences
• Chapter of the book Introduction to basic management of Harvard Graphics 2.0 for Windows slide design• Photographs Clinica book chapter • Chapter of the book Introduction to basic management for Windows Power Point slide design• Pediatric Otolaryngology book chapter. Presentation of the Spanish Society of Otolaryngology and Cervical-Facial Pathology• Emergency book chapter in Otolaryngology• Article osteoma of the frontal sinus cavity associated with intracranial porencefalica• Article Paralysis by endothoracic recurrent goiter• Headache article rhinosinusal origin• Article granular cell tumor of the larynx• Neuralgia rare craniofacial article• Article Sleep apnea in children• Article bilateral atresia, bone, choanal adult• Article Second neoplasms in high aerodigestive tract tumors• Article malformations associated with choanal atresia. Study of seven cases• Laryngeal article leishmaniasis as initial opportunistic disease in HIV infection• Tinnitus article. Classification and Possible Causes• Article Leishmaniasis in ORL• Acute parotitis article. differential diagnosis• Bell Palsy article in Emergency ENT. A retrospective study of 169 cases• Article intracranial hypertension syndrome by frontoethmoidal Giant osteoma• Article Presbifonia. Study of Acoustic Parameters of Normality• Peripheral Facial Paralysis article Children• Article Surgery endoscopic nasal turbinate and obstruction• article Tracheotomy• Article septal Liberacion in Endoscopic Sinus Surgery• He has made 19 publications in national magazines and international journals• 9 conference papers• He has written 4 chapters of books ...
• Member of the Spanish Society of Otolaryngology ( SEORL ) (1992 )• Founding Member Hispano-German Association of Otolaryngology and Cervical-Facial Pathology (1994 ) • Association for the Promotion of Research in Otolaryngology ( year ) (1994 )• Balear Society of Otolaryngology (1996 )• European Society of Rhinology ( in procedure ) (1999 ) ...
*Translated with Google translator. We apologize for any imperfection
Patient reviews for dr. Jaime Carbonell Casasús
Would you recommend this doctor?
All reviews are from verified patients booked through Top Doctors.
Radiofrequency nasal surgery is a surgical procedure that involves the use of energy at low power and low temperature to repair certain diseases of t Radiofrequency nasal surgery is a surgical procedure that involves the use of energy at low power and low temperature to repair certain diseases of the nasal passages, especially the turbinate hypertrophy which causes nasal blockage. The surgery is performed under local anesthesia and usually lasts between five and fifteen minutes, tops. This technique begins by inserting a thin radiofrequency probe through the nostrils. The radiofrequency energy helps reduce the size of the turbinates without causing injury to the nasal mucosa, as it is applied by a cold electrodes. After surgery, the patient will take a nasal packing for a day at least. Turbinate hypertrophy can also be treated with endoscopic surgery or laser surgery. ...
Otoplasty is the facial surgery performed to correct prominent ears and remodel, managing to improve their proportion and position. The intervention i Otoplasty is the facial surgery performed to correct prominent ears and remodel, managing to improve their proportion and position. The intervention is responsible for both reposition protruding ears that are too far apart from the skull, as downsize if they are too large, reshape the pendant lobe or recreate the outer fold if necessary. Depending on the age of the patient, the operation can be performed under general or local anesthesia. Typically, the procedure involves a small incision behind the ear to reshape the cartilage and make it fold in appropriate areas. Thus a more natural ear is achieved and the scar is hidden in the back. ...
Infant Otolaryngology is the medical specialty that deals with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of all the problems identified in the ear, nose Infant Otolaryngology is the medical specialty that deals with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of all the problems identified in the ear, nose, pharynx and larynx in children. Within this field, there are diseases which affect almost exclusively to children. The conditions that most often are usually treated in child otorhinolaryngology are hearing problems, ear infections, allergies, tonsillitis, adenoids, language problems, apnea, snoring, sinusitis, swallowing disorders and cysts or malformations in the head and neck. Prevent the development of any of these conditions is crucial for the child to grow correctly from a physical, intellectual and social. In addition, symptoms of different diseases can occur in children differently from adults. ...
Sleep apnea is the cessation of breathing that occurs moments after falling asleep and loud snoring preceded by at least 10 seconds. If this process Sleep apnea is the cessation of breathing that occurs moments after falling asleep and loud snoring preceded by at least 10 seconds. If this process is repeated 5 times per hour of sleep we will face the Obstructive sleep apnea. Obstruction of breathing leads to lower oxygen levels in the body that makes it difficult for the person to have a restful sleep and show signs of fatigue in the morning. Moreover, the persistence of this lack of oxygen could cause pulmonary hypertension and heart failure future right or myocarditis, making it convenient to catch it early and make appropriate tests for safe diagnosis. Therefore it is conducting a sleep study to establish a treatment that includes changing some habits (diet, alcohol withdrawal, postural changes ...) and prescribing a CPAP, a pressure generator as required nasal mask that keeps the airway obstruction, obliterating snoring and promoting restful sleep. In some cases surgery may be required if there are any lesions in the respiratory tract or when use of the mask is not effective. ...
Sleep disorders are a group of disorders that occur in preventing sleep stages enjoy a proper rest, continuous and restful. This type of disorder can have several causes, such as physical or psychological disease (hyperthyroidism, anxiety ...), and even cause other diseases or problems in daily life (fatigue, poor performance, daytime sleepiness ...). Therefore the medical diagnosis is necessary to determine their causes. Among the most common sleep disorders are distinguished: insomnia, which is the inability to fall or stay asleep properly according to the physical needs of each person; It is sleepwalking, which is a state in which the person stands up and acts in a semi-conscious during sleep, unaware of what you do not remember; night terrors, fear episodes of agitation that may be associated with sleepwalking; or nightmares, which are unpleasant and frightening dreams that cause a rude awakening in both children and adults. ...
Tinnitus is annoying sounds that are perceived in the ears or in the head but not from any external source, usually are buzzing, ringing or bass or treble sounds that can be heard temporarily or chronic, which are accentuated when there absolute silence in the room. The tinnitus is not a disease but a symptom of other ear pathologies (such as hearing loss), so that the causes that can trigger are multiple and sometimes not come to know. This discomfort is not always associated with a hearing loss, but perceive noises in the ear is very uncomfortable and can cause serious disorders of sleep, daily discomfort, stress, anxiety or depression. Sometimes tinnitus trying resolves the problem that generates it, but in most cases has no solution with medication or with surgery, although you can get the patient to adapt to noise auditory retraining therapy. It is advised to avoid silence and sometimes a headset that generates a sound to disguise the person listening is placed. ...
The Vertigo is a feeling of imbalance arising from the structures of balance located in the inner ear (vestibular system) or connections of the structures of balance in the brain. When a sudden movement or a rapid change of the position of the head occur, can result in such connections balance problems, but do not usually last long. Among the symptoms they produce vertigo, the most common is dizziness. Anyway, dizziness can also be caused by diseases or disorders such as arrhythmia, insufficient production of blood in the heart, or the decrease in blood volume causes an inadequate flow of blood to the heart muscle. ...
- BOOK AN APPOINTMENT NOW
No atiende primeras citas
- First consultation:
- Follow-up consultation:
Health insurance accepted