Dr. Ramón Ruiz Mesa
• More than 20 years of experience• Head of different hospitals managed by the sanitation company José Manuel Pascual Pascual SA • Since 2004 he is in charge of Medical and Clinical Ophthalmological Foundation OFTALVIST JEREZ• Medical co-director of OFTALVIST Sevilla ...
Positions in public associations
• Member of the Board of the Andalusian Society of Ophthalmology• Board of SECOIR (Spanish Society of Refractive Surgery Implant)
• Appointed instructor at the national level and the center as reference for learning the new Centurion platform Alcon Laboratories (2013)• Center with collaboration agreement with the Medical University of Cádiz for instruction and training students • Center of excellence and learning platform 'WAVELIGHT Allegretto EX 500' and the software 'CUSTOM Q' for treating Presbyopia (2013) ...
• Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the University of Granada• Doctor in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Cádiz (1991) • Specialist in Ophthalmology at the General Hospital of the SAS Jerez de la Frontera (1996)• additional training in Madrid, Seville and London ...
Publications and conferences
• Author and coauthor of more than 10 scientific articles and more than 100 papers in national and international conferences• Author and co-author of two books on cataract surgery and refractive surgery • Participation as speaker "First impressions with RVO INLAY RAINDROP" and as contertulio roundtable on guided lens 'premium', in Seville Congress Refractive systems (2014)• COPHY participation as a speaker at International Conference in Lisbon on "My experience with New Luxor microoscope" (2014)• Journal usual evaluator of Indian Journal of Ophthalmology• Article published in the American Journal of Ophthalmology: "Results of implant toric lenses in refractive lensectomy" (2009) ...
• Member of the Andalusian Society of Ophthalmology (SAO)• Member of the Spanish Society of Ophthalmology (SEO) • Member of the Spanish Society of Refractive Surgery Implant (SECOIR)• Member of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ESCRS)• Member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)• Member of the International Society of Refractive Surgery (ISRS) ...
*Translated with Google translator. We apologize for any imperfection
Patient reviews for dr. Ramón Ruiz Mesa
Would you recommend this doctor?
All reviews are from verified patients booked through Top Doctors.
Cataracts, also known as facosclerosis are a total or partial obstruction of the lens or lens of the eye, whose function is to convert the light rays Cataracts, also known as facosclerosis are a total or partial obstruction of the lens or lens of the eye, whose function is to convert the light rays obtained images on the retina. So when this part is obstructed eye, vision becomes weak and blurred. There are many types of cataracts, and is a fairly common condition that increases with age. The only possible cure cataract and restore a correct view treatment is surgery to eradicate it, but it is only recommended when the patient suffers so severe discomfort that do not allow you to continue your daily life as normal or wearing glasses. The operation to correct cataract extraction is based on the area of the lens that is damaged and its replacement by an intraocular lens. ...
Keratoconus is a variation of the conical cornea caused by an alternation of the internal structure of the corneal tissue. Besides being a condition Keratoconus is a variation of the conical cornea caused by an alternation of the internal structure of the corneal tissue. Besides being a condition that changes the appearance of the eye, causing poor vision, as it is usually accompanied by a high astigmatism, blurred or distorted vision. Alteration of collagen fibers contained within the cornea is responsible for the evolution of keratoconus, to which various treatments. On the one hand, it can be corrected with glasses or contact lenses, but it is also possible to implement intracorneal rings, using a very safe surgical procedure that changes the corneal curvature. Another of the most used is the crosslinking treatment, a technique of applying rivoflavina- substance that sensitizes the collagen-and prevents the increase of keratoconus. Finally, for the more severe stages of the disease, the only solution is corneal transplantation. ...
Refractive surgery is responsible for changing the anatomy of the eye to correct vision defects such as farsightedness, astigmatism or myopia. There Refractive surgery is responsible for changing the anatomy of the eye to correct vision defects such as farsightedness, astigmatism or myopia. There are several types of refractive procedures, most notably of laser surgery, an increasingly common and widespread thanks to the good results and has the proven technical safety of operation. Specifically, refractive laser surgery is to change the size of the cornea (responsible for our vision) through the application of the laser inside. For this it is necessary to lift a layer of corneal tissue, which will be relocated once the intervention and does not require points. ...
Glaucoma is an eye disease that causes progressive loss of nerve fibers in the optic nerve, whose proper functioning is essential to see clearly. Amo Glaucoma is an eye disease that causes progressive loss of nerve fibers in the optic nerve, whose proper functioning is essential to see clearly. Among its causes they are various, include vascular diseases and high blood pressure. As it is a generative disease, it is important to make an early diagnosis. In this regard, experts advise checking the view from 40, although the age of risk for glaucoma is established after 60 years. Although the vision waning because of this disease can not recover, you can prevent progression of glaucoma by lowering the intraocular pressure. This can be accomplished, according to the patient and medical recommendations, with the administration of drugs, laser techniques or noninvasive surgery. ...
Vision problems encompass a host of pathologies. The most common are refractive comprising: the nearsightedness or myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and presbyopia. Its causes may be genetically different, due to aging or other diseases such as macular degeneration caused by diabetes. ...
- BOOK AN APPOINTMENT NOW
No atiende primeras citas
- First consultation:
- Follow-up consultation:
Health insurance accepted