Regarding Children\'s Dentistry. The Doctor Boj completed their training abroad obtaining the Certified Specialist in Pediatric Dentistry at Eastman Dental Center, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York.
*Translated with Google translator. We apologize for any imperfection
• More than 25 years of experience• Service Coordinator Dentistry of Paidodex
• Chairman, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Barcelona.• Director of the Graduate Program in Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Barcelona.
• Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the University of Barcelona• Specialist in Stomatology from the University of Barcelona
• Certified Specialist in Pediatric Dentistry at Eastman Dental Center, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York.• He received his Ph.D. ( studies on visual methods to improve the cooperation of pediatric dental patients ), University of Barcelona. ...
Publications and conferences
• Author and contributor to several books in Pediatric Dentistry.• Several published articles and several papers presented at major scientific meetings.
• International Member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry• Founding member of the European Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
• Full Member of the Spanish Academy of Pediatric Dentistry ( former president ). ...
*Translated with Google translator. We apologize for any imperfection
Patient reviews for Dr. Juan Ramón Boj Quesada
Would you recommend this doctor?
Friendliness of the staff
All reviews are from verified patients booked through Top Doctors.
Cosmetic dentistry refers to the branch of dentistry that deals with the health and aesthetic harmony of the whole mouth. The most common treatments fCosmetic dentistry refers to the branch of dentistry that deals with the health and aesthetic harmony of the whole mouth. The most common treatments for aesthetic purposes are oral hygiene, enamel micro-abrasion, aesthetic contouring, dental blanquamiento, restorative treatment, orthodontic and periodontal treatment. Thanks to constant technological advances, techniques and machinery to provide the patient oral aesthetics are becoming more sophisticated.
This content has not yet been translated into your language, we apologise for any inconvenience. You can access the content in its original language bThis content has not yet been translated into your language, we apologise for any inconvenience. You can access the content in its original language by following this link
The root canal is a treatment which involves cutting deep in the tooth when the area is damaged. The therapy is indicated when there is a widespread dThe root canal is a treatment which involves cutting deep in the tooth when the area is damaged. The therapy is indicated when there is a widespread dental decay or fracture that caused an inflammation or death of the dental pulp. The aim of endodontics is maintaining healthy tooth to be useful for chewing, avoiding having to extract the tooth. The technique involves removing the nerve, clean the root canal and then seal it with a thermoplastic material (gutta percha) and cement or other sealing material. Subsequently, various radiographs are necessary to ensure the accuracy of the result. The term root canal is also used as a synonym for Endodontology, a branch of dentistry that deals with diseases of the dental pulp.
This content has not yet been translated into your language, we apologise for any inconvenience. You can access the content in its original language bThis content has not yet been translated into your language, we apologise for any inconvenience. You can access the content in its original language by following this link.
What is invisible orthodontics?
The invisible orthodontics is the correction of the position of the bones and teeth by devices that are not visible to the eye. In this technique the fixed devices (brackets) are placed on the inside of the teeth, while in the conventional they are located on the external side. With this treatment the same results are obtained but with a higher cost and a longer period of time.
Currently, the invisible orthodontics has developed another technique that consists of transparent removable splints that are located on the outside of the teeth and that are practically imperceptible to the eye. They are made to measure and with a resistant plastic material (polycarbonate). The treatment time is usually similar to the conventional technique.
The two main types of invisible orthodontics are Invisalign and lingual orthodontics
Types of invisible orthodontics
Among the types of invisible orthodontics are two main types:
- Lingual orthodontics: it is similar to conventional orthodontics, although the brackets are less thick and are placed on the inside of the teeth, so that they are imperceptible to the outside. They are also custom designed according to the dental structure of each patient using a 3D computer program.
- Invisalign: this is an innovative treatment that consists of custom fabrication of a transparent splint in which accessories are placed internally to control the displacement of the teeth towards the required position. The splint is made of plastic materials and is changed every two weeks, according to the specialist's instructions. Apart from being invisible, another advantage is that it is completely removable, so the patient can remove the prosthesis whenever necessary.
Advantages and disadvantages of invisible orthodontic types
All techniques are effective, although it is true that there are differences between them. Invisalign is a procedure in which no wires or brackets are used, so that ulcerations and discomfort associated with this type of orthodontics are avoided. In addition, it is removable, so it is much more comfortable for the patient to be able to remove the prosthesis to eat and brush their teeth, which is an advantage to follow a good maintenance of oral hygiene.
On the other hand, the lingual orthodontic system is not removable, although it avoids the damages that conventional orthodontic appliances can cause, such as decalcification and staining. In addition, the lingual treatment is totally invisible.
The child's orthodontic correction of bones and teeth misplaced by removable fixtures (brackets) or. During childhood, orthodontics is more effective because the bony structures are still developing. Thus, it is easier to detect and correct any problems with the jawbone early. Last childhood, bony structures of the face may be amended only with orthognathic surgery, for which you can make a combined surgical orthodontic treatment. This treatment is used in adults only in the total growth of the jaw has been completed. Prior to surgery, the patient must bear fixtures for a while so that the teeth fit together when the jaws have been put in place with the intervention. The operation is performed in a hospital and involves moving the upper and lower jaws as required by the case.
Bruxism is the action to exert pressure between the teeth and make them slide causing problems in the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and wear of the surface of the teeth. The main causes of bruxism are stress, body and closing the mouth position, sleeping habits or the patient's ability to relax. Bruxism evaluation should be done with this in count in the field of dentistry and otolaryngology, since it can cause hearing disorders such as ear infections. The goal of treatment is to reduce pain, prevent tooth decay and reduce teeth grinding full. To relieve pain you can apply ice, avoid eating hard foods like nuts, candy or steaks, drink lots of water, sleep and reduce stress. The damage of the teeth, mouth prosthesis often called splints or appliances apply.
Tooth decay is a disease that affects the tissues of the teeth, which are destroyed because of the acids plaque. The teeth affected are drilled gradually, causing pain when the infection reaches the nerve. People who are often most affected are children and young people, but can occur at any age.
Source: All information contained on this page as well as office hours available, are provided directly by the doctor who has the ability to update them at all times in order to keep the information as accurate as possible.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT NOW
Choose a time on the calendar to book online
Thu 15 Nov.
Fri 16 Nov.
Sat 17 Nov.
Sun 18 Nov.
Dr. Juan Ramón Boj Quesada
Ops! This time has just been booked by another user. Please choose an alternative time.
You may be attended by another doctor who is member of the Team. Do you want to book the appointment in any case?
TOPDOCTORS utiliza cookies propias y de terceros para facilitar su experiencia como usuario de nuestra web y captar datos estadísticos mediante el análisis de sus datos de navegación. Si usted continúa con la navegación, entendemos que nos ofrece su consentimiento para el uso de cookies. Puede cambiar la configuración de cookies u obtener más información here.