• More than 35 years of experience• Three-month stay in Paris with Professor Pierre Sagnet for learning knee arthroscopy
• Founder and Director of the Arthroscopy Unit of the Hospital Nuestra Señora de Aranzazu (1982 - 1990)• Specialist of the medical team and Creator of the Arthroscopy Unit of the Polyclinic Gipuzkoa (1990 - currently)• Founder and professional of Sendagrup (2013 - currently)• He has made more than ten thousand arthroscopies ...
Positions in public associations
• President of the Spanish Arthroscopy Association (2001 - 2003)• Founder and President of the Teaching Commission of the Spanish Arthroscopy Association (2003 - 2007)
• Founder and president of the teaching committee of the Spanish Association of Arthroscopy (AEA)• Course Director and Founder of the Arthroscopy Laboratory at the University of Barcelona with Professor Pau Golanó ...
• Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery at the University of Navarra with the qualification of outstanding (1978)• Specialist in Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology at the University of the Basque Country (1982)
• He performed his specialty in the Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology Service (COT) at the Hospital Nuestra Señora de Aranzazu after passing the MIR exam ...
Publications and conferences
• Speaker of many conferences and has attended all the conferences of the Spanish Association of Arthroscopy (AEA)• Speaker of numerous papers at different conferences at national and international level
• Attendance at Congresses: 175 and presented papers, professor and course director: 142 of which 110 were nationwide ...
• Member of the Spanish Arthroscopy Association (AEA)• Member of "The International Arthroscopy Associaton" (since 1987)
*Translated with Google translator. We apologize for any imperfection
Patient reviews for Dr. José Achalandabaso Alfonso
Would you recommend this doctor?
Friendliness of the staff
All reviews are from verified patients booked through Top Doctors.
Ankle arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical technique that lets you view and work directly inside the joint, without opening, thanks to a tiny Ankle arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical technique that lets you view and work directly inside the joint, without opening, thanks to a tiny camera. Only small incisions or cuts in the skin of about one centimeter are made. Ankle arthroscopy is applied in cases of articular cleaning and removal of loose bodies, or other treatments, such as osteochondritis. After the intervention, it is recommended a week of rest and applying ice to prevent swelling. The patient may also need to reform through specific exercises led by a fisioterapeura, lymphatic drainage and other techniques to enhance the mobility of the ankle. ...
Arthroscopic knee surgery is a minimally invasive surgical technique for accessing the interior of the joint through small holes in the skin. Through Arthroscopic knee surgery is a minimally invasive surgical technique for accessing the interior of the joint through small holes in the skin. Through a small caliber lens inside the knee is observed and treat various injuries without opening. Arthroscopic knee surgery is used to remove or repair torn meniscus cartilage to anterior cruciate ligament injuries broken, cut broken pieces of articular cartilage, remove loose fragments of bone or cartilage or remove inflamed synovial tissue. Recovery from knee arthroscopy is much faster than traditional surgery. Then the patient must regularly exercise his knee for several weeks.
Percutaneous surgery of the foot is a novel surgical technique for treating foot disorders consist of changes in bone or white fabrics. With this typePercutaneous surgery of the foot is a novel surgical technique for treating foot disorders consist of changes in bone or white fabrics. With this type of minimally incisive surgery, treatment of these pathologies is achieved with a minimal incision in the skin of two to three millimeters, while conventional surgical techniques with large incisions (or even the elimination of joints were demanding cases severe ). Some of the disorders most frequently treated by percutaneous surgery of the foot are: hammer toes, bunions, metatarsalagias, bunions, heel spurs, and other. Anyway, according to the severity of each patient, the doctor will evaluate which must ultimately if this technique is the most suited to treat their pathology. After the operation, the patient must use a type of shoe and wide rigid sole that reduces the load on the operated foot, so it is not advisable to operate both feet at once.
Shoulder arthroscopy is a practice of minimally invasive surgery that allows you to see directly inside the joint and work within it, without opening Shoulder arthroscopy is a practice of minimally invasive surgery that allows you to see directly inside the joint and work within it, without opening it. Only a few small cuts in the skin, about one centimeter each are made. Shoulder arthroscopy can treat injuries such as rotator cuff impingement syndrome, shoulder instability, SLAP lesions, articular cartilage injuries, chronic synovitis, shoulder stiffness and some types of fractures. Recovery can take between one and six months and probably the patient must wear splints during the first week. For many procedures, physical therapy may help regain motion and strength of the shoulder. ...
Hip arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical technique that lets you view and work directly inside the joint with small incisions in the skin, less than a centimeter each. This type of arthroscopy is indicated to diagnose certain problems of pain or blockage in the hip, for the extraction of intra-articular loose bodies, for breaks labrum (stabilizer cartilage of the femoral head) and the impingement (excess friction in the movements of the hip). The procedure is performed under general anesthesia and after its completion it is possible that the patient may feel discomfort, swelling and numbness in the pubis, for a few hours or days.
Source: All information contained on this page as well as office hours available, are provided directly by the doctor who has the ability to update them at all times in order to keep the information as accurate as possible.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT NOW
Choose a time on the calendar to book online
Tue 24 Apr.
Wed 25 Apr.
Thu 26 Apr.
Fri 27 Apr.
Dr. José Achalandabaso Alfonso
Ops! This time has just been booked by another user. Please choose an alternative time.
You may be attended by another doctor who is member of the Team. Do you want to book the appointment in any case?
TOPDOCTORS utiliza cookies propias y de terceros para facilitar su experiencia como usuario de nuestra web y captar datos estadísticos mediante el análisis de sus datos de navegación. Si usted continúa con la navegación, entendemos que nos ofrece su consentimiento para el uso de cookies. Puede cambiar la configuración de cookies u obtener más información here.