According to the experts in Angiology and Vascular Surgery , during the summer increase problems of circulation in the legs because of the heat. The following photograph shows some of the exercises that can be performed to overcome the symptoms of varicose veins in warmer times.
Varicose veins: symptoms
Tiredness, tingling in the legs or swelling are some of the symptoms of poor blood circulation, causing varicose veins and spider veins. These symptoms usually intensify when the heat arrives and for that reason, the care in summer should be extreme.
The symptoms are manifested mainly in women, especially if there is a hereditary predisposition. In fact, experts say that 80% of women over the age of 35 have varicose veins.
According to the calculation of the Spanish Society of Angiology and Vascular Surgery, for each man affected by varicose veins, there are 2.5 women.
Medical Tips for Treating Varicose Veins During the Summer
• Protect legs from excessive heat and sun.
• Exercise and walk daily.
• Alternate the hot water with cold water at the end of the shower.
• Massage upwards with cold gels.
• Moisturize. It is necessary to drink two liters of water a day.
• Take care of food.
• Raise legs frequently. It is advisable to do exercises with high legs.
• Avoid high or very flat heels, wear comfortable shoes.
• Avoid garments that are tight to the legs.