To have a healthy, clean and free of decay and periodontal disease mouth, it is important to intensify oral hygiene, so that the toothbrush will always be the best ally. So to maintain good oral hygiene, you need to follow these three tips:
- Brush teeth at least three times a day
- Complementing the toothbrush with dental floss and mouthwash (mouthwash) at least once a day
- Never replace the toothbrush mouthwash, as it is complementary, not substitute
How to brush your teeth
To properly brush your teeth, you should follow these steps:
- Brush the outside of the teeth, with the brush horizontally and making sweeping movements, always from the gum to the edge of the tooth.
- Brush the inside of the teeth the same way as external.
- Brushing chewing surfaces forward and backward.
- Remove food debris between teeth and below the gum with dental floss (use interproximal brushes teeth if separated).
- Brushing the tongue, as it contains a lot of bacteria is retained.
Choosing a toothbrush
To maintain good oral hygiene, it is also important to change your toothbrush every three months or when the bristles are flattened and no longer brush. When choosing a toothbrush, it is advisable to choose a medium hard, because if they are very hard, they can damage the gums or wear down the enamel and if they are very soft, are not as effective for the elimination of all the plate.
Regarding the choice of manual or electric brushes, the outstanding advantage is that the electric spindle is smaller, allowing greater accessibility, especially posterior teeth. However, care must be taken with electric brush not put too much pressure on the gum to prevent wear thereof.
Regarding the mouthwash, always choose one without alcohol and, if in doubt about which one to choose, it is recommended to consult a specialist in dentistry to have advice.