Types of rhinoplasty: open rhinoplasty and closed rhinoplastyWritten by:
Rhinoplasty is the procedure that is done to change the shape of the nose. The technique that will be used will depend on the surgeon and the result that the patient wants. It is one of the most complicated aesthetic surgeries, so it is necessary for the professional to perform aesthetic surgery .
Usually patients who want to undergo a rhinoplasty do so for aesthetic reasons and are between 15 and 40 years. It is also performed by older people due to age and falling nose point.
It is very important that prior to the rhinoplasty the patient is given a prior evaluation.
Open or closed rhinoplasty, which one is better?
Depending on the outcome and the technique used to perform rhinoplasty, different types of intervention differ:
- Closed rhinoplasty : performed through incisions inside the nose, through the nostrils. It is the most frequent rhinoplasty.
- Open rhinoplasty : it is necessary to remove the skin and superficial tissues of the nose, and make an incision in the columella.
- Aesthetic rhinoplasty : performed for aesthetic reasons. Along with closed rhinoplasty, it is the most frequently performed procedure at the Ruber Clinic.
- Functional rhinoplasty : it is done for functional reasons, for example, when the patient does not breathe well. The intervention requires the presence of an otorhinolaryngologist.
- Decreased rhinoplasty : to reduce the size of the nose.
- Augmentation rhinoplasty : to increase the volume of the nose, for example, people who have no septum and have the tip of the nose off the hook.
How is rhinoplasty performed?
Before undergoing rhinoplasty, the patient should bring:
- Blood test
- Analysis of blood clotting
The operation is performed with local anesthesia and the postoperative is very simple .
Rhinoplasty does not usually have complications, much like a little bleeding, an infection or some reaction to the anesthesia.
More information about rhinoplasty at this link .
Results of the rhinoplasty in this link .