The intervention of breast augmentation is one of the most sought plastic surgery for women seeking to increase or restore the shape of your chest.
Breast augmentation techniques
1. Placement of breast implants or prostheses: is breast augmentation by implantation of a prosthesis, usually silicone, in the submuscular, subfascial or suglandular.
Advantages of Breast Prostheses:
- It is the technique of breast implant oldest and used.
- The result is usually achieved with a single intervention.
- Size can be achieved that the patient desires.
- More predictable results.
Disadvantages of Breast Prostheses:
- Destruction, damage, encapsulation, infection, scarring, displacement, sensory disturbances, breast cancer: a foreign material having such complications as placed.
- It most likely will require another intervention throughout his life.
2. Autologous fat grafting (Lipofilling) is to fill the chest with the patient 's own fat.
Advantages autologous fat graft:
- Natural method, first breast augmentation technique that does not use foreign objects and avoid problems and complications that may arise from the breast prosthesis.
- Once turned on is a definitive result.
Disadvantages of autologous fat graft:
- You can only get a moderate increase breast.
- It needs to be operated in two places, donor site and recipient site (breast).
- You can not inject large volumes in a single procedure. It will require several surgical procedures in time.
- The results often remain somewhat unpredictable and risk asymmetries due to the variable reabsorption of fat marbling.
- Lipofilling Breast generates a significant inflammatory process, and are necessary about 4 months for the volume of the breast and fat is fully integrated to stabilize.
- Fat cells change in volume when patients get fat or thin.
- It requires a lot of dedication: it is done in several sessions and each injection involves hospitalization of the patient. It requires more tinkering.
3. Injection of fillers: is breast augmentation by injecting fillers. You are currently prohibited because of the risk of hindering the early diagnosis of breast tumor pathologies.
In any case, the specialist in Plastic Surgery will help you choose the most appropriate in each case.