Anxiety, like other feelings is a healthy autoresponder that helps us to face a real threat, our fears, and that is part of human learning and evolution. However, anxiety becomes pathological when it involves making life miserable (phobias, manias, obsessions).
Symptoms of an anxiety attack
Most often the patient complains of being constantly nervous and feel other typical symptoms of an anxiety attack as tremors, muscle tension, excessive sweating, dizziness and vertigo, tachycardia. Likewise usually frequent the fear that they, or their loved ones, can contract a disease or an accident, among various obsessions and foreboding of a negative character. For anxiety disorder is diagnosed as such, the patient must have symptoms of anxiety almost every day for several consecutive weeks.
The symptoms of an anxiety attack are more indicative:
- Apprehension (excessive concern about possible future misfortunes, feeling "on edge" of its forces, difficulty concentrating, etc.).
- Muscle tension (tension muscle aches, spasms, tremors and psychomotor agitation and restlessness, tension headaches, trembling, inability to relax).
- Vegetative hyperactivity (dizziness, sweating, tachycardia or tachypnea, epigastric discomfort, dizziness, dry mouth ...).
Factors that can cause the symptoms of a panic attack:
- Medical conditions: there are several diseases like asthma or diabetes, among others, may cause or be associated with anxiety
- Reaction to medications and drugs: some anxiety symptoms are due to consumption of certain nonprescription drugs or the abuse of both legal drugs (caffeine, alcohol, marijuana, amphetamines, cocaine)
- Hyperventilation: When the person vented faster or deeper than necessary creates a series of changes in the blood may occur: palpitations, tachycardia or chest discomfort, dry mouth, dizziness, etc.
- Stress plays a major role in the possibility of occurrence of anxiety stress due to work, school, relationship problems, some unexpected life event