The Institute of Medicine EGR is a multidisciplinary medical center in which men and women can find a comprehensive coverage in multiple medical services.
The main objective of EGR is to offer their patients more and better healthcare, using the best equipment and offering personalized attention in each case. For this reason, and in order to continue helping people, EGR has reinforced the specialty of urology with specific information about prostate health of man.
Although prostate cancer is one of the most common cancers in men, the reality is that most of them do not perform the corresponding prostate reviews to check your prostate health. This is especially compounded from the 50 years in which the likelihood of prostate - related diseases may be higher.
If you want to be considered if you can have prostate cancer, do not wait for symptoms. Make an appointment and will be evaluated completely.
Prostate symptoms have not mean the existence of prostate cancer. The enlarged prostate involves not develop prostate cancer. To determine the presence of cancer cells, it is necessary to perform blood tests, a biopsy of the prostate or a resonance. Early detection of malignant growth will help greatly to achieving better results in the treatment to follow.
Since it is sometimes difficult to decide the first visit to a urologist, EGR wants to help many men to take the first step in matters of prostate symptoms and to this end, he has developed a " Complete Guide with prostate symptoms ". Through this guide aims to provide the patient with not only information on his current state of the prostate by performing a simple online questionnaire, but also provide information about what are the next steps you should follow the patient as symptoms the detected prostate.
The IPSS questionnaire of prostate symptoms has a questionnaire consists of 7 questions that the patient should be given a score. Also included is an octave related question with the involvement of the patient's quality of life. The answer to all these questions provides a final score in which according to the value obtained, the patient may know the severity of prostate symptoms:
- Symptoms are mild: is considered vital not go to the urologist.
- Symptoms are moderate: in this case, it is necessary to go to the urologist to receive appropriate treatment.
- Gravity is presented: it is important to see a urologist, thus the importance of presenting the symptoms of prostate as the possible presence of other complications.
Depending on the results, the urologist may also perform some specific tests to determine the problem.
The specialty of Urology Institute of Medicine EGR covers the necessary tests that can be requested. Some of these tests may include blood tests, digital rectal examination, ultrasound kidney, prostate and bladder, cystoscopy, etc.. The following explains the main features:
- Digital rectal exam is the simplest test used to have a better idea of the size of the prostate and detect suspicious areas.
- Blood tests you try to detect whether prostate specific antigen has a high value. It is important for detection be indicative of the possible presence of prostate cancer.
- Ultrasounds: kidneys, bladder and prostate are analyzed to better understand its form and state, and in the case of the prostate, also determine its size and the optimal treatment for each case.
- Cystoscopy is a not very conventional test in which a thin , flexible tube is inserted into the bladder, to know the status of it. It is rare but necessary in some cases.
- Urine flow study is to determine the strength and speed of the urine stream.
Alterations of the prostate study the urologist
Patients who are less than 50 years if they have symptoms, usually do not usually have more than just inflammation or irritation of the prostate known as prostatitis. In cases of nonbacterial prostatitis, which are the most common cases, you must change mainly eating habits or take medication to relax the area of muscle tissue of the prostate. In any case, the urologist will be tracking the treatment and patient outcomes.
In case the symptoms of prostate detected relate to prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate), depending on the severity of the results, they should take some other measures. For example, if the results are moderate or severe, they should take specific drugs. If the event that the patient does not respond to them should raise prostate surgery was given.
If necessary operate, it will discuss with you what is the most appropriate treatment. Urology unit of the EGR offers the latest techniques (holmium laser or green, laparoscopy) and more traditional. Each has its indication and the urologist discussed in depth with you.
In short, the Institute of Medicine EGR puts special emphasis on prevention, and encourages all men over 45 years to attend a review of the prostate. In many cases, the timely detection of any irregularities in the prostate health of man will help your recovery and treatment are much more effective.
If you think you have any symptoms, perform the IPSS questionnaire and contact your urologist to be evaluated and treated properly.