The torn anterior cruciate ligament is an injury that occurs because of sudden body movements while the leg is fixed on the ground. It usually occurs during contact sports like football, rugby and basketball.
Some of the most typical situations where a torn anterior cruciate knee ligament occurs are entering an opponent in football, blocking leg skiing or landing from a jump.
Since the torn anterior cruciate ligament is not capable of healing and leads to premature rupture of knee osteoarthritis in 100% of cases, it is advisable to repair in an active patient.
Surgery ACL tear
Surgery ruptured ACL usually performed between 3 and 4 weeks after injury to the knee regain its mobility. Thus avoiding further complications.
This surgery is knee arthroscopy and mini-incision for graft removal. a tiny camera is inserted through an optical fiber connected to a monitor that gives the doctor a clear, magnified view of the inside of the knee. It is performed through small incisions -suelen be 2- why small surgical instruments are inserted with which the procedure is performed. In addition, articulation saline is introduced to help the surgeon see clearly the knee and remove any cloudy fluid or bleeding.
After arthroscopy, treatment of ligament reconstruction starts for which a tissue graft, which may be itself or a donor bank is used. This procedure is based on the following steps:
- Cleaning debris torn ligament by surgical instruments.
- In case an insert itself is made, the surgeon makes an accessory mini-incision to remove tissue.
- An anatomical reconstruction is done by creating tunnels in the bone to enter the new tissue, placing it exactly where the old ligament.
- New ligament is fixed to the bone with screws or other devices with the objective of which is held in place. The tunnels made in Iran regenerating bone as it heals, setting and further ensuring the new ligament.
- Finally, the incisions are sutured knee.
According to experts in Traumatology , the operation lasts 60 to 90 minutes, depending on the severity of the injury.
Postoperative surgery ACL tear
After surgery, a hinged knee brace is placed in order to protect the ligament during rehabilitation. There are different postoperative methods, but generally include winning all mobility levels as follows:
- First week: 30 degrees.
- Second week: 60 degrees.
- Third week: 90 degrees and startup support and active rehabilitation.
- First month: the patient may be walking without poles.
- Second month: and the patient can perform gentle exercise.
Result surgery ACL rupture
Thanks to the new technology applied to the surgery of ruptured anterior cruciate ligament athletes today who suffer this injury can resume their professional activities within a maximum period of six months. Previously he meant the end of his career.
With the anatomical reconstruction is achieved give more rotational stability to the knee, making it more stable and functional. It also avoids complications as the previous clamping (cyclops syndrome), premature rupture elongation and new ligament.