What is radiofrequency surgery?
Radiofrequency surgery consists of reducing the size of the turbinate by applying high frequency electromagnetic waves producing a thermocontrolled reduction of the size and thickness of the inferior turbinates.
What are the advantages of conventional surgery?
- It is done in day hospital regime
- Does not require hospital admission
- Could be done with local anesthesia
- It does not hurt
- It does not bleed
- The intervention only lasts about 10-15 minutes
- Does not require nasal packing.
What pathologies can be intervened by radiofrequency?
Fundamentally nasal respiratory difficulties due to turbinate hypertrophy, this occurs in hypertrophic or vasomotor rhinitis and in allergic rhinitis. Radiofrequency of the palate can also be done to treat snoring .
Can anyone operate with this technique?
In principle there is no contraindication for this surgery