In Dermatology , there are several antioxidant treatments but, since they are very important for health, it is important to know antioxidant rich foods to prevent aging both inside and out.
Antioxidant Foods to Fight Free Radicals
The use of antioxidant creams is essential for the skin but great results can be achieved if you eat foods rich in antioxidants. These substances protect against free radicals, which are the cause of aging and other diseases.
- Vitamin C: citrus, kiwi, pineapple, mango, kaki, melon, strawberries, pepper, tomato.
- Vitamin E: soybean oil, olive oil, wheat germ, cereal germ, whole grain cereals, green leafy vegetables and nuts.
- Beta-carotene: carrot, pumpkin, spinach, apricot, cherries, melon and peach.
- Lycopene: tomato, watermelon, papaya or blood orange.
- Selenium: meat, fish, seafood, eggs, fruits and vegetables.
- Zinc: meat, egg, fish, viscera, whole grains and legumes.
- Copper: liver, fish, seafood, whole grains and green vegetables.
Other non-nutrient antioxidants are Isoflabones, which can be found in beans; Bioflabonides , located in citrus; Quercetin, onion and polyphenols, in olives. They can also be found in coffee, red wine and tea.
Combining food and cosmetics
The free radicals that are formed in the organism are among others: super oxide, hydroxyl, peroxyl, alkoxy, nitrogen oxide and trichloromethyl. Some factors that can stimulate the production of free radicals are inflammations, tobacco, exercise, air pollution, radiation and diets high in polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Therefore, in order to combat the appearance of free radicals, a diet rich in antioxidants must be added to the body. If you want a healthy and healthy skin, you should complement this diet with dermocosmetic products that incorporate antioxidants in its formula.