The sun can be very harmful to health. Children are, once again, the most vulnerable as babies and children under 3 years are the most sensitive to the damaging effects of this radiation.
What protection factor should be used for children?
Children should use a very high protection factor, if possible factor50 +. Children under 2 years, is preferable to protect them with a physical screen to act as a refracting; and they do not lead chemistry.
Specialists in Dermatology claim that during the first year of life, it is better that children are not exposed to the sun. If you go to the beach or the pool should be in the shade. Also, apply sunscreen to protect the reflection of the sand.
What other protections must be taken with children?
If children are heavily exposed to the sun because they practice outdoor sport or hiking, for example, it is preferable to use shirts with sunscreen, if possible long - sleeved. It is also important to use caps, also possibly with sunscreen.
What parts of the body must be protected more carefully?
While it is important to protect the whole body, you need to take special care with certain areas most likely to burn. These areas are, for example, shoulders, nose, ears and back of the foot.
Tips to protect children from sunburn
- Cover the entire skin spreading the cream
- Avoid sun exposure during the hours in which the UV rays are strongest, between 12: 00h. and 16: 00h.
- Avoiding surfaces that reflect light, such as water.
- The cream is to be applied 30 minutes before exposure to the sun.
- It is necessary to apply the cream every two hours.
- Not convenient lie colony before exposure to the sun, as some carry bergamot and solar radiation can be pigmented skin.
- It is important to protect yourself even on cloudy days ; as there is ultraviolet radiation that cross nubles and can cause burns.
Edited by Noelia García Pino