The Planning and Guided Surgery allows us to obtain a perfect analysis of the anatomy of the patient and perform precision surgery in the placement of dental implants, reducing the chance of error in the treatment
Indications and advantages of Guided Surgery:
- It allows to assess special situations with little bone volume or neural structures or maxillary sinuses in limited situation.
- In cases of complete refurbishment and provides three-dimensional spatial relationship.
- We can put angled implants when necessary, such as in front of and behind the breast to prevent a sinus elevation.
- In cases of dental splints to support or we can avoid mucosal incisions and perform a minimally invasive surgery.
- We can make an accurate aesthetic analysis, knowing the position of the implant emergency regarding your future crown.
Guided Surgery Limitations:
If there is a limitation in the oral opening, the procedure may not be indicated. We calculate the size of the splint and Strawberries in relation to the opening.
In the cases of very thick gum and the alveolar ridge of the same distance, the procedure may be less accurate.
Reliability Guided Surgery
Guided surgery allows the placement of implants in special situations such as the angled implants, bone and little situations minimally invasive surgery. But should maintain safety margins with respect to anatomical structures, distance between implants, implant distance to bony margins, and other considerations. Although we use splints, we can not put implants if there is no bone.
The guided surgery is a reliable and accurate system, but must be employed by a few judiciously and maintaining safety margins.