Many women consult us for their legs, especially at this time of year, just before summer. Thick legs, cellulite, the gluteal banana, cartridge ... All cases are different and each requiring good solutions and treatments we offer with very positive results in our center of aesthetic medicine. Among them there is one that is particularly distinguished by its psychological impact and for their involvement (11% of women suffer): lipedema.
Lipedema, also known as "syndrome of painful fat" or "lipomatosis leg" has an increasing volume of the lower extremities, with a fat that is distributed irregularly and is especially deposited in buttocks and legs .
Patients also manifest edema or swelling that worsens at night, with heat or after many hours standing. It increases sensitivity to pain in the extremities and are frequent spontaneous bruising or before any minimum pressure.
Lipoedema women fail to reduce fat from your legs or hips only with diet and exercise. For the same reason, it is important to address the problem with a comprehensive treatment as we designed in our center.
Comprehensive treatment antilipedema
At the Center for Aesthetic Medicine Dr.. Escoda have designed a treatment with the aim of breaking the vicious circle of lipoedema characterized by the lack of cellular cleansing, cell congestion and excess liquid. Noticeable results quickly, in 1 or 2 sessions a clear decrease in volume, pain and heaviness in the legs is observed.
Our treatment not only seeks the aesthetic effect which is the volume decrease in the leg, but also acts in improving lymphatic circulation and venous. Health and beauty always go together hand in hand. We act at different levels: diet, exercise, behavior change, reduction of fat and cellulite and lymphatic and venous to counteract inflammation and pain microcirculation.
The diagnosis should be as early as possible to begin treatment to halt the evolution and prevent the complications of this pathology both functional and aesthetic. Treatment is personally tailored to each case, taking into account if it is to start (more intense) or for monitoring and maintenance of results, and consists of the following steps:
- Mesotherapy to remove fluid and reduce local fat. Through this medical technique injected into the fatty tissue especially one antilipodistrófico agent indicated for the prevention and treatment of lipodystrophy and cellulite (lipodystrophy means 'fatty tissue alteration').
- 'Flowave', a medical device capable of mobilizing fluids and proteins that are out of place so they can be easily removed by the lymphatic system. We facilitate their work.
- Compression therapy to increase the result of the treatments performed and that they are maintained over time.
- Lymphatic drainage to facilitate the lymphatic network eliminating retained liquids.
- Exercising with soft lymphatic circulation to promote aerobic activities.
- Special diet that helps eliminate fluids while reducing the amount of fat and inflammation.