Botulinum toxin, known as Botox, is historically associated with aesthetic medicine, but its uses and benefits also cover other disciplines, such as neurology, ophthalmology, cardiology and even the treatment of depression or migraine.
There never was a more popular drug, and both more detractors. It is Botulinum toxin, better known as botox.
What is botulinum toxin
Botulinum toxin is a safe drug that is used for over 40 years in various specialties like Neurology (for tics and twitches) or in Ophthalmology (for strabismus). The muscles where the substance was injected relaxed, thus preventing the formation of wrinkles: After the first tests an unexpected side effect was observed. It is for this reason that botulinum toxin has grown into one of the aesthetic medical anti-aging treatments most successful.
Botulinum toxin relaxes zones wrinkles and prevents these deepen. The duration of the anti-wrinkle effect is maintained with subsequent treatments, as these leave whenever prepared by a skin.
Yet there are people fleeing this treatment. Some do it out of ignorance, because they think they see the faces swollen in some people are associated with the implementation of the toxin. But it's not like that. Botulinum toxin is a form of preventive medicine aesthetics. Or swell or stuffed and in almost all of the time, if properly applied, do not notice that the patient takes. The technique allows to achieve natural results without actually expressionless face.
Advantages of botulinum toxin
- Speed. Just annoying, it allows normal life immediately and without inflammation.
- Treatment of other diseases. It has effects beyond aesthetic medicine that allow you to treat the symptoms of other diseases:
• mitigate the effects of chronic pain and migraine
• Treatment against hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Facial asymmetries. It allows alleviate muscle spasms and cramps, and correct facial asymmetries; for example, adjust the height of the eyebrows, among others.
- Latest Treatments:
• Urinary Incontinence
• Depression. After 10 days of its implementation and improvement seen in the mood.
• post surgical cardiac arrhythmias.
Studies show that in small doses, botulinum toxin, or botox, contributes increasingly being. However, it is important to put in the hands of a certified professional aesthetic Me dicine .