Whenever issues of female sexuality are less taboo. One of them, very common in the consultations to the gynecologist, is the vaginal dryness; lack of lubrication that involves pain in relationships. In addition, it can also cause itching and increased susceptibility to vaginal infections.
Causes of vaginal dryness
Vaginal dryness can be caused by different factors. Sometimes it is due to specific factors as vaginal dryness disappear so will. Some examples are:
- Drugs or hormones used in the treatment of breast cancer, endometriosis, uterine fibroids or infertility
- Radiation therapy to the pelvic area
- Severe stress, depression , or rigorous exercise
- After childbirth or during breastfeeding, since estrogen levels are lower
- Snuff, tampons and condoms can cause or worsen vaginal dryness
- Lack of sexual desire, as lubrication occurs before sexual stimulation. Sometimes, as in postmenopause, lubrication is a permanent problem resulting from the decrease in estrogen levels.
However, at other times we know that a lack of lubrication in the intimate area will be a permanent problem, as during the postmenopause a result of declining estrogen levels involved (estrogens are those that maintain the tissues of the vagina lubricated and healthy, and its decrease causes the vaginal tissue to shrink and become thinner, a fact that causes vaginal dryness).
Our body changes after menopause should not be a reason for our life will too. Postmenopause is one more step that we must face and also how no, enjoy! In addition, sexuality should be part of this new phase, as well as formed before, and even, if I may apuráis, should be even better after leaving behind the "fear" of a pregnancy.
How to treat vaginal dryness
To treat vaginal dryness and enjoy a full life in Aesthetic Medicine have specific very effective treatments that allow us to make the area lubricate again:
- Infiltrations of hyaluronic acid. With them, vagina recovers lost hydration and smoothness. In addition, no side effects and the results are lasting. With this technique we get rehydrate and stimulate the intimate area, regaining comfort, reducing dryness, itching and tightness associated.
We must learn to enjoy life fully, and not allow it to stop after menopause.