Invisalign or invisible braces | dentist - Valencia

Invisalign or invisible braces to straighten teeth imperceptibly

Written by: David Carralero Plaza
Published: | Updated: 07/08/2018
Edited by: Patricia Pujante Crespo

Invisalign is a new type of invisible orthodontics that allows aligning the teeth. It is a highly efficient system and invisible that can be used in most cases where years ago traditional metal braces were used. This orthodontics is based on transparent, removable, ranging correcting and straightening tooth position without causing any pain dental aligners as they carry no wire or metal.

 

Invisalign, what is the treatment?

The first step to see if you can use Invisalign be done by the expert in dentistry and stomatology , radiographically, pictures and models of the mouth. In 95% of cases the result will be favorable and patients can use Invisalign to correct tooth position. However, in the remaining 5%, which are very complex cases, the orthodontist will study the possibility of combining brackets for a few months to continue later with Invisalign.

During treatment, invisible aligners will be placed throughout the mouth, top and bottom, to ensure that the teeth fit, once the treatment is completed. Depending on the complexity of treatment the frequency of the reviews will be studied, but these are usually usually every 4-6 weeks.

 

Who can use Invisalign or invisible braces and how long the process

There are cases of patients from 12 to 68 years old, so there is no limit, provided that the patient has a favorable oral health.Moreover, the average treatment time ranges from 8 to 19 months, depending on the difficulty.

 

Advantages of invisible orthodontics or Invisalign

The use of traditional orthodontic brackets involves introducing into the patient's mouth a new element, metallic, requiring an adjustment phase. Instead, the Invisalign technique reduces this effect because the material is more comfortable (hard silicone), without causing pain without irritating wires and gums or mouth sores.

In addition, clear aligners allow to speak normally, with the added benefit not seen. To this it should be added that the fact of not carrying bands, brackets or wires prevents food scraps and, that the aligners are removed easily accumulate, can fully enjoy meals.

Also, when you remove the aligners, the patient can brush your teeth perfectly and use floss or dental floss smoothly, which facilitates better oral hygiene, and remove tartar and plaque. The same goes for the aligners, which can be washed with water to remove them.

Virtually all patients who were had applied orthodontic brackets are susceptible to treatment with Invisalign. Then a case before and then observed:

 

Edited by Patricia Crespo Pujante

*Translated with Google translator. We apologize for any imperfection
 David Carralero Plaza

By David Carralero Plaza
Odonthology

Mr. Carralero is a renowned specialist in Dentistry and Stomatology. With over 15 years experience in the profession, he has obtained extensive training in various branches of dentistry, such as invisible braces and treatment of snoring and sleep apnea. Thanks to the knowledge acquired throughout his career he was the first to introduce the Invisalign orthodontist technique in Xativa and the Levant area, obtaining various distinctions about accrediting you as one of the top skilled in the art. Regarding treatment of apnea and snoring, it uses an intraoral mandibular advancement device (Orthoapnea), which makes it more bearable symptoms of the disease. Moreover, Mr. Carralero is Semods member and Sedcydo.

 

 

*Translated with Google translator. We apologize for any imperfection


TOPDOCTORS utiliza cookies propias y de terceros para facilitar su experiencia como usuario de nuestra web y captar datos estadísticos mediante el análisis de sus datos de navegación. Si usted continúa con la navegación, entendemos que nos ofrece su consentimiento para el uso de cookies. Puede cambiar la configuración de cookies u obtener más información here.