The thread tensioners polydioxanone (PDO), also called "magic thread" is a technique of Aesthetic Medicine getting rejuvenate and tighten skin of the face from within and without surgery, with or without anesthesia and, most importantly without changing the expression of the face.
The PDO is a material that is frequently used for sutures in cardiac surgery because it contributes to the cohesion of the cells. In addition, this material is fully compatible with the body, sterile, resorbable. Thanks to these magic threads, a lifting regenerative effect is achieved, namely:
- The wires form a support for the flabby tissues
- The PDO stimulates the synthesis of collagen and elastin and skin redensifica
Treatment with thread lift : Understanding
First, the specialist performs a thorough study of the areas of the face to be treated and then develop a design areas to be tensioned and mark them accurately. After cleaning the skin, an anesthetic cream is applied so that there is no discomfort.
The procedure involves infiltrating each magic thread subcutaneously, guided by a fine needle is then removed with a small rotation. Thanks to such reduced diameter threads of PDO, can be used finer needles, so that the procedure is less traumatic than other types of threads.
The number of wires required depends on the points at issue and the conditions of each patient.
Contraindications of the tensioning wires
Treatment with PDO thread lift is not indicated for patients with the following conditions:
- Autoimmune diseases
- Infection in the treatment area
- severe diabetes
- Pregnancy and lactation
Results thread lift
The union of structural proteins produced by multiple threads PDO produces therapeutic effects:
- Cutaneous Redensification: stimulate fibrocytes, producing elastin and collagen, and that increases the density and elasticity of tissues.
- Firmness: ie lifting effect. Elastin and collagen produced function as a support network for the skin, so the skin regains firmness and sagging decreases.
- Smoothness and brightness: also stimulate the microcirculation of the area, so that skin is oxygenated, bright and smooth.
- Prevention: thanks to the regeneration of tissues, aging and sagging slows down.
These results can be maintained for a period of between one and two years.
Possible side effects of thread lift
Before undergoing the treatment, it is important to consider the side effects that may occur:
- Discomfort (early days)
- hypodermic hematoma (resorbed within a few days)
- Local inflammation (very rarely)
- local infection (very rarely)