With the arrival of summer heat and many people they have decided to resume diet or take care of their dietary habits and food. It is now time to implement some tips and readjustments, which can be key to redirect realistically and stable dietary habits.
- Include at lunch and dinner daily, a dish of vegetables: Can be as salad or cooked vegetables, as starter or only on occasion. It is recommended that this choice in social meals. Although add some other more caloric or not so healthy food, there will be hunger sated important part of a good choice based on vegetables.
- Attention calorie drinks: Now that summer is approaching, the excuse for disobeying the diet is "thirst quencher". With this argument, soft drinks, juices, alcoholic beverages are drunk or gazpacho, among other muchos.Cierto is that one can provide nutrients, but it is also true that add many calories we are not aware. The only way to quench thirst is water. Some recommendations: eat whole fruit juices; gazpacho, best in bowl and spoon; dilute beer or wine with soda, to increase and lengthen the amount, without adding alcohol or calories. Of course, forget the drinking yogurt, ice cream shakes and avoid chewing any format.
- Remove the extras menu: Look them additional food you take and who have completed staying as usual: beer aperitif, ice cream, a drink, junk food more times due ... does not mean give them if is a big effort, but should be reserved for social or special meals, respecting the free workweek excesses.
- Avoid processed products: Avoid ingestion of precooked, cold meats, cheeses, pastries ... Simplifying industry.
- Consume "grain": It is advisable to supply all foods containing refined flour whole cereal grains. Not believe the letter at the label, but indicate "integral" because under that name can be found breads and with only 10% wholemeal flour. intake of vegetables, brown rice or, at most, parboiled, whole corn, wheat ... or preparations indicate that the dough is made with whole grains is recommended.
Importantly , these tips are valid for all people, but each patient is unique, so that the expert in Nutrition and Dietetics will be one who best advice to achieve the desired in their line and dietary habits without endangering their health advances.
Edited by Patricia Crespo Pujante