Rhinoplasty is the surgical procedure that aims to reshape the shape of the nose to give an aesthetic appearance provided to the facial features, either increasing or decreasing the size and morphology by varying the Bridge. On the other hand, rhinoplasty is a type of surgery that seeks to correct breathing problems (functional aesthetic rhinoplasty), as well as birth defects and consequences of accidents.
Rhinoplasty is one of the most common operations Cosmetic Surgery; the brightest, the most popular, the greatest satisfactions that can give both the patient and the surgeon and also the biggest disappointments that may occur if not taken into account the factors set forth below.
Among the factors that we could designate as favorable, to explain the success and the high level of acceptance of the results by patients, we include:
- The operation leaves no visible performed via endonasal (closed rhinoplasty) scar.
- The results are permanent and improve over time.
- It is performed mostly in young people in whom the surgical trauma, if short and little intense, goes virtually unnoticed by others, easily accepting the physiognomic change.
- It affects the body's top face whose shape is essential to maintain the harmony of the whole and that depends largely a face is beautiful, less beautiful or vulgar.
- It has more influence than any other cosmetic surgery in favorable changes in the patient's personality.
- Technical deficiencies: aesthetic or functional.
An alteration 1-2 mm. that would go unnoticed elsewhere in this surgery may be the abyss that separates success from failure. Rhinoplasty in the good results are not accepted, they must be bright.
- Lack of information and communication between surgeon and patient.
The need for a comprehensive and free after notifying the intervention in which the patient expose your ideas, your wishes and expectations of the intervention.
- Influences family or friends
The unfavorable opinion of family or friends with its insistence on minimal or nonexistent defects come to influence the patient so that it, in principle satisfied with the result, is convinced otherwise. This is common when the operation is performed against the opinion of a family sector.
- psychological reasons
Psychologically unstable patient with a pathological personality or certain psychiatric problem, you may never be satisfied no matter how good the aesthetic result.
Rhinoplasty surgery almost always performed under general anesthesia prior preoperative study and a hospital stay of one or two days.
Following protocol and informed consent, it is correct the back tip, the length and width, and the functional part, the septum, because besides being pretty nose has to be functionally effective.
It ends with an endonasal plugging and a cast or plastic material.
Postoperative although not usually painful itself is usually somewhat cumbersome, as the eyelids may swell and bruise for a period of about two weeks.
The practice of closed rhinoplasty requires a plastic surgeon experienced with specialized training and a very specific anatomical knowledge of the region of the nostrils, bones, cartilage and breasts.
The approach is small and vision with indirect light, hard. They are the surgeon's fingers, sometimes taking off his gloves to touch the back and the wing as well as the aesthetic sense, indicating the end of the intervention.
The postoperative control lasts until one year after the intervention, which will be when the final discharge or proceed to make a small adjustment, if necessary.