Stress is a process in which a set of reactions to certain complicated life situations, or to common situations where we do not feel we have the time or resources to address them , and we "overflow" is triggered.
Best to end the stress is prevention and to this end, we need to know what it is, what happens in our bodies and how we can counter it. All this can be achieved by going to Emotional Management Programs, as transdiagnostic programs that are being implemented increasingly. These are taught to know the emotions to manage stress.
In case of stress, we have:
1. Resorting to cognitive techniques to learn how to make proper evaluations and decrease the sense of "danger" in our lives. Some erroneous ways of interpreting reality are:
- Filtering: when we only look at one aspect.
- Polarized thinking: thinking ends; or white or black.
- The fact rule out the positive, and look at only the negative things.
- Emotional reasoning: the belief that what we feel is true.
2. Relax our body with exercise and training abdominal breathing techniques.
3. Relate better, since relationships with others are a source of comfort but can also be the cause of our stress. It is important to have adequate communication skills to manage them.
Furthermore, it is important to enjoy our rest and our leisure, have a good diet, exercise and not drink excessively or smoke.
To manage and prevent stress is important to know the emotions and learn to control them .