Improved smile can have great results. Even minimal treatment, can boost confidence and self-esteem and help the patient to smile more.
Cosmetic dentistry is the set of dental procedures aimed at improving the appearance and sometimes also the function of the teeth, gums and / or bite. The changes that can be achieved in the smile, through different techniques and materials, are remarkable.
Dental aesthetics should complement the patient's oral health. It focuses mainly on improving smile together, changing the color, position, size and shape of the teeth.
It always tries to provide minimally invasive treatment protocols that are as possible conservative and help the patient to maintain good oral health, function and appearance over time.
Cosmetic dentistry has evolved from simple replacement and repair of damaged, to include many other treatments such as orthodontics, prosthetics and periodontics teeth. Often combined treatments are needed to achieve satisfactory treatment. These treatments not only improve aesthetic problems, but can also correct oral health problems such as biting.
Cosmetic dental treatments
- Tooth whitening is a popular chemical treatment. Some patients do to remove colorations and others because they want whiter teeth. Bleaching can be performed in clinic and at home.
- The adhesive composite restorations are made with material of the same color as the tooth. They are used to treat cavities or small tears, and performed on a visit.
- Dental veneers are designed to mask imperfections and modify many dental color and shape of the tooth. They can be made of composite or ceramic. The dentist will inform you about the differences in materials and number of visits required to complete them.
- Ceramic Crowns cover the entire tooth, therefore, they replaced much more tooth structure and veneers are used when teeth are much more destroyed.
- Periodontal plastic surgery is used to level the gum on the teeth when there gingival asymmetries, small teeth or gummy smile.
The first step to undergo cosmetic dental treatment is to observe the smile and determine what you want to change. The specialist Dentistry advise the patient what treatment is best depending on the state of your teeth and the expected result.
There is no perfect smile. This is because each person has a different perception of beauty, even the opinion of the patient and dentist may be different. It is therefore important that the patient knows what he likes and thus be able to notify the specialist.