Platelet Rich Plasma is the fraction of blood obtained from the patient once it has spin. This is used in cosmetic medicine to improve the texture, thickness, smoothness and elasticity of the skin making it more youthful, luminous.
Thanks to the mechanism centrifugation, the existing number of platelets in the blood can be concentrated in a small fraction of plasma obtaining a high number of platelets, therefore called Platelet Rich Plasma. When activated platelets release growth factors, injection into the skin to stimulate cells called fibroblasts responsible generate collagen and elastin. These cells are responsible for improving texture, grosos, smoothness and elasticity of the skin getting it becomes younger and brighter.
The injection of Platelet Rich Plasma can be done throughout the year, since there is no contraindication to the presence of the Sun. It is a treatment that requires several sessions to achieve the desired therapeutic effects. The number of sessions depends on the age and use whatever you want to give.
The PRP should not be taken in people with skin or people with bleeding disorders cancer.
Procedure of Platelet Rich Plasma
The procedure consists of three steps: blood collection and application of the PRP centrifugation.
- Blood collection: Performed as any ambulatory blood drawn for analytical. The difference is in the amount and use of a kit specific closed tubes for this purpose. The extraction lasts between 5 and 10 minutes.
- Centrifugation Once the blood sample, centrifugation is performed in a specific procedure centrifuge. This process takes approximately 8 minutes.
- Application of Platelet Rich Plasma: Performed by intradermal injections level. The duration is about 20-30 minutes.
Areas of application of Platelet Rich Plasma
Platelet Rich Plasma can be applied in different areas of the body. The main ones are:
- Facial: to dim and blur the wrinkles; to improve, repair and revitalize the skin folds marked by skin aging.
- Body: to improve sagging and skin elasticity. - Scars, stretch marks and wounds: to improve the appearance and healing them.
- Hair: treat baldness and strengthen the hair root.
They do not usually have their own adverse effects of plasma infiltrates and that, since the patient's own blood, there is no risk of allergies or other skin reactions.
The main side effect is the appearance of small bruises in the area of the application that are resolved within a few days. If the conditions are suitable patients, ie has no defenses down, and medical treatment is carried out under aseptic conditions, should not have infections.