Adolescence is a very important phase of growth as during this period defined what the constitution of the person in adulthood. It is therefore very important to correct any postural defects den and prevent the occurrence of back injuries.
The role of parents and guardians in the prevention varies by age and type of activity. Supervision is easier when the activities take place in the home. However, this should not be a reason to ignore activities outside the home, but there must be good collaboration between the child's parents and the professionals who tutelan.
A deviation in the column does not usually cause pain, which could go unnoticed. However, it can be detected by observing if there is asymmetry in the height of the shoulders or hips or between either side of the trunk.
Back pain that occurs during childhood or adolescence usually never last more than three days. If pain persists it is necessary to consult a specialist in traumatology , especially if accompanied by fever.
Tips to avoid back pain
It is important to consider certain tips to avoid situations that trigger potential problems and backaches.
- The burden of a child's backpack should never exceed 10% of your body weight. If the weight is considerable, it is convenient to use a cart with wheels.
- If pack is used, it should be wide straps and must be attached to the shoulders, so that no weight on one shoulder.
- When sitting, the back should be straight and well supported. Do not tilt your body to one side while reading or writing, as they force the vertical and dorsal. too low to avoid or sunken seats.
- Avoid sitting on one leg. This is a legacy of childhood and adolescent quite frequent habit.
- To protect the cervical and avoid twisting of the trunk, the screen must be at eye level and centered with the body.
- The forearm should be supported when the mouse is used because it can affect muscle tension throughout the arm and reach the cervical.
- The best sleeping position is on your side and legs slightly bent. Should avoid sleeping on your stomach.
Backache and sport
Sport can cause back injuries when the activity is poorly planned or is not appropriate for the age or physical condition of the patient. In order to prevent these injuries, it is important to always follow the instructions entrador or monitor.
On the other hand, it is also important to match the type of sporting activity to age. For example, under 12 years old should not practice competitive sports because their muscles are weak and their capacity to low concentration.
Edited by Noelia García Pino