Each hair transplantation technique used in plastic surgery has its advantages and disadvantages indications.
- Time to perform the technique. For a 2500 session transplant follicular units with the FUSS technique, our skilled hands take 4 hours with FUE technique can double, triple and even schedule the transplant in two days.
- Coste. FUE is charged at 40 to 50% more than the FUS technique.
- Scars in the donor area. FUE leaves small circular scars hardly be seen even with the crewcut. The FUS technique leaves a unique linear scar hidden by his hair.
- Hair Loss be grafted. Because the station (cut) grafts with FUE is performed blindly may be a loss of these, in varying number depending on the team's experience. The FUS technique grafts cutting is performed under direct vision with magnification loupes controlling at all times this delicate process.
- Subsequent transplant. Because of the small circular scars that occur with FUE technique in the donor area, it makes it very difficult to set a new hair transplant technique was when the grafts are taken from previous donor sites. The FUS technique to leave a linear scar left only the donor area very well prepared for future extraction of the grafts.
- Contraindications. There can be FUE patients with fine hair, poor density or curly hair.
- . Number of grafts per session Currently the patient wishes to be carried FUE will propose three types of sessions:
- Sessions 800 to 1000 grafts transplantation lasting 5 to 6 hours.
- 1000-1500 sessions lasting graft surgery 6 to 8 hours. Longer surgery is poorly supported by the patient and the team. Remember that it is local anesthesia with sedation rather than general anesthesia.
- Sessions above 1500 grafts have to program them in two days.
With technical FUSS (strip) propose a single session of 2000-2500 grafts transplant last 4-5 hours.