The combination of shock waves and carboxitherapy is the perfect ally to improve cellulite. There are two types:
- Fibrous cellulitis: has a tougher feel, has defined dimples and can be painful. It is usually located on buttocks, thighs and holsters.
- Edematous cellulitis: it is usually related to fluid retention, gives a padded skin appearance and is more viscous.
Application of shock waves against cellulite
Before treatment, the patient's skin is prepared with an ultrasonic gel. Shock waves are then applied to the skin to be treated. The vibration that they give off helps to activate the circulation, to drain the toxins, to compact the tissue and to diminish the size of the adiposas cells. All this improves the appearance of the skin and reduces the texture of cellulite.
Normally, there will be between 6 and 10 sessions once a week, but everything will depend on the type of cellulite and the evolution of each patient. After each session, no special care is needed and you can return to normal immediately.
Impact of shock waves against cellulite
Shock waves can be applied in both types of cellulitis, although better results are obtained in the fibrous. In general, the results are:
- Significantly improve orange peel
- Decrease thigh and hip circumference
- Improve the elasticity, firmness and texture of the skin
Application of carboxytherapy against cellulitis
Carboxytherapy is a minimally invasive technique to combat cellulite, flaccidity and localized fat.
The treatment consists of applying carbon dioxide gas (CO2) subcutaneously through small infiltrations in the area to be treated. The gas diffuses rapidly to the tissues producing the following results:
- Improves circulation in treated tissues.
- Due to the new formation of collagen and elastic fibers, it increases the thickness of the skin.
- It improves the appearance of the orange skin, that is, the skin is smoother.
- Reduces sagging of the skin
- It improves the tone and the elasticity of the skin, presenting a more smooth and youthful appearance
- Decreases the volume of the area
This technique has no side effects, except for a slight and brief pain in the area, and a small redness that lasts only a few minutes.
The number of sessions to be performed will depend on the needs of each patient, although usually 15 a couple of times a week. After each session, the patient can perform normal life, except for sunbathing in the next 48 hours.
In clinic Granado Tiagonce our goal is to improve the quality of your skin, and for this it is imperative to make a good diagnosis of the type of cellulite and other aesthetic problems, such as sagging or localized fat accumulation.
To ensure the best results, different techniques, such as carboxytherapy and shock waves, are often combined.
For more information consult your plastic surgeon .