Many people suffering from mental problems, but sometimes are not aware of it. For this reason, it is important to know the main symptoms for which you should visit the specialist in Psychiatry. These symptoms may be alone or be several at the same time.
Go to a psychiatrist when changes are taken into everyday life
Alterations in everyday life are symptoms that at first you may think it is due to other diseases other than mental, but I really do have a relationship. The main symptoms are:
- Changes in eating habits: weight loss, excessive dieting, excessive intake of food, etc.
- Changes in sleeping patterns: excess or lack of sleep, wake up at night, take a long time to fall asleep, tired for no reason, etc.
- Lack of concentration
- Memory problems
Go to a psychiatrist when HANGES c are taken in the mood
Changes in mood, personality or behavior, it is easier to be seen relatives and friends of the patient himself.
- Difficulty in overcoming problems or make decisions
- Anxiety or excessive abnormal preoccupation with one or more topics
- I thought accelerated or slowed
- Very extreme mood changes
- Ira and / or susceptibility with friends, family or couple
- Disregard the future: lack of illusions and life project
- Inability to delude or enjoy anything strange ideas
Go to a psychiatrist when you have strange ideas
The strange thoughts, such as hobbies and excessive fears or hallucinations, are common signs in mental illness. The most prominent are:
- Paranoid thinking: to think that all act against the person
- Obsessions excessive washing hands compulsively, make absurd collections, check again and again things, excessive perfectionism and meticulousness, etc.
- Hallucinations feeling of having heard or seen something without others realize, like shadows, strange figures, voices, mysterious appearances, etc.
- Excessive fear: a cinema, soccer fields, elevators, buses, concerts, parties, causing a feeling of suffocation, palpitations, dizziness, vomiting or even fainting.
Go to a psychiatrist when p roblems are taken with the sexual habits
Many problems with sexual habits are related to mental health. One can be a lack of sense of sexual stimuli almost permanently.
Moreover, the ambivalences, sexual identity problems or ill-defined sexuality can cause much anxiety and distress because homosexuality is still not accepted in some social settings and this generates fear of rejection or discrimination.
Paraphiliacs feelings or impulses, as an attraction for children, fetishism, sadism, masochism, among others, may also involve much mental suffering, regardless of socio-legal consequences behave.
Go to a psychiatrist when you have to diction
Addiction is also a clear symptom of having a mental problem because it means that the person has such a strong dependence can not stop using a product. The most common are addictions to alcohol, drugs, gambling, among others.
If a person drinks more than two or three glasses of wine or beer a day or drink to excess on weekends, it may mean that you have or you might end up having problems with alcohol, especially if you always use the expression "I control" and this means you do not have a good perception of their consumption.
As for gambling addiction, spending too much money on unnecessary activities can also mean that the person has a mental problem.