The Medicine at Home is a thought for those who, because of their situation or circumstances, require quality health care in their own home medical service. It offers a comprehensive view of your health, ensuring continuity of care during the process of care by qualified and experienced professionals.
Doctor on call
A medical home is a specialist for the visit , the patient is moved to its home. The specialist must have the ability to contextualize the situation where the patient is taken care of, valuing the human environment and the physical logistics environment. For this vision from training and experience in health care delivery, very different training and experience it is required hospital. Specialties such as Family Medicine, Geriatrics and Internal Medicine are those that facilitate this global vision of health, whose preparation is complemented with direct experience in homes.
What patients need a doctor or illnesses at home?
Medical home care is necessary when, because of certain conditions or diseases the patient is unable to travel to the doctor or hospital or this shift is a significant decline in their quality of life. This can be temporary or definitive, because of a chronic disease for example.
Some of the situations that may have required medical care at home are:
- Convalescence post-hospital discharge: after an intervention or after a decompensation, eg.
- Chronic diseases that affect some degree of dependency: respiratory, cardiac, neurodegenerative, etc.
- Mobility limitations of different cause: osteo-articular pathology or aging, among others
Medicine Medical Services at Home
A medical level, it is to make a comprehensive assessment of the health status of the patient, to assess their needs areas and establish a plan of care and monitoring.
- Medical care and monitoring of chronic diseases
- Medical care and convalescence tracking
- Medical care and monitoring of exacerbations or decompensation
- Postsurgical care and medical follow - up
- Planning prevention by encouraging autonomy and quality of life
In addition, home health care may be supplemented by:
- Nursing services
- Physiotherapy sessions
- Emotional support visits with a psychologist
- Contact support and advice
Edited by Noelia García Pino