the functional hand is essential for the autonomy of a person, also is the organ that contains the only way out of the head, touch. His nerve endings called“& rdquo ;, pads commonly misnamed yolks are a prolongation of the sense of sight in the brain.
Throughout the various anthropological studies of the evolution of the human species developed, the Thumb is especially relevant with its four muscles, especially the opponent. This end of the hand has the power to oppose the other fingers, also can make a digital-digital caliper, thanks to which we can, among other things, draw, write or take items. These traits make distinguish us from other hominids.
The hand as part of the human body may be the seat of all types of injuries, which are divided into:
- congenital lesions
- tumor lesions
- Injury acquired:
Congenital Hand injuries
The frequency of congenital hand injuries is currently very low, but for a time, due to thalidomide drug, not only the congenital lesions of the hand but the upper limb were very frequent and very disabling.
Classify congenital conditions is quite complex because specialists can regulate vascular, nerve defects, among other pathologies. Still we could structure the changes in a simple way:
- No parts, ie, may be missing a finger or all or part of the carpal bones. This may have varying degrees from a lack of phalanx to the absence of any hand.
- polydactyly, ie born with six fingers, often a double thumb or fifth supernumerary presented. The extreme case is the“& rdquo hand mirror;emerging as ten fingers.
- Syndactyly, ie, two or more fingers may be attached. This fusion can be simple, membranous bone or tendon complex.
- Flange amniotic Syndrome, ie around your fingers or wrist constrictions occur.
- Hand radial or ulnar samba, is caused by the lack of ulna or radius causing a malformation of the lateral forearm and part of the radius and thumb of the hand.
Hand injuries tumor
Regarding the tumor lesions each of the anatomical elements having the hand can degenerate into a neoplasia, so you can have:
- Skin Cancers as carcinomas, basal cell, espinoceluares, melanomas etc. because the hand is a highly exposed area.
- Cancers bony as enchondroma, chondrosarcoma, etc.
- Cancers of nerves as neurolinomas.