The hand injuries can be divided depending on whether are congenital, or acquired tumor. In addition, injuries acquired hand can also distribute traumatic or degenerative. In Spain, hand injuries represent 32 to 36 % of all accidents, so the economic-social repercussion is very important.
the acquired traumatic lesions can be lost lesions of the skin, tendon injuries, nerve injuries, bony injury or a mixture of them all. The frequency of this type of problem is common and normally occur due to domestic accidents or, in the case of injuries to tendons, to cut ham, run the“open easy&rdquo ;, tinker, shares of gardening, and so. In the case of hand burns may require a specific treatment for the sequels that remain.
They are called acquired degenerative lesions to those injuries that come with age and/or associated with other processes. This can be developed by:
- Dupuytren 's Disease:is the retraction of the fingers by retraction of the superficial palmar aponeurosis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:is the compression of the median nerve within the structures that pass through the carpal canal
- stenosing synovitis ( De Quervain 's disease ) is an inflammation of the tunnel thumb extensor
- Fingering spring: is the inflammation of the synovial flexor passage through the Pulley A1. In these cases one finger is paralyzed in a folded position, when you stop the finger jumped out as if it were a trigger.
- Rizoartrosis:You wear trapezometacarpal joint, associated with osteoarthritis
- Rare Diseases:affects hand very significantly, it may be for scleroderma, epidermolysis bullosa, psoriasis, neurological diseases, spastic hand, among others
The Surgery of the Hand has a specific surgical principles, which together with microsurgical techniques, surgery of the tendons, bones and skin flaps in all its forms, allow reconstructive possibilities in which the imagination of the surgeon only has the limits imposed by the anatomy and physiology.
We could say that the fundamental principle is that the hand surgery is a dynamic surgery, that is not just about putting your finger, it has to move. In Spain this type of operation does not exist as a specialty, we can say that is a“special dedication” this organ, within Specialties Cosmetic Surgery and Traumatology, and makes years from the General Surgery but is now rare.