Early diagnosis is essential for the treatment to be fast and very aggressive
The jaw joint is a double joint in front of our ears. With normal operation performed as everyday activities such as eating or talking. The number of changes that can occur is huge. problems in the muscles or teeth may occur in the jaw bone, cartilage,. Therefore, in many cases the oral and maxillofacial surgery is the solution.
Causes, symptoms and treatment
The symptoms experienced by patients are diffuse headaches, ear, tinnitus, muscle pain, inability to open the mouth. Sometimes these symptoms lead you appearing for years in a timely manner and at peak stress unleashes more intense pain. These patients are being visited by otolaryngologists, neurologists and other specialists without finding on physical examination or testing relevant changes. Early diagnosis allows faster and less aggressive solution if the diagnosis is made at a stage avanzada.en sometimes the origin is mixed, there is a component of anatomical alteration of the masticatory system and other emotional.
To resolve this condition have several therapeutic strategies:
• Splints Download: in most cases is the initial treatment and making the set a specialized dentist.
• Physiotherapy: functional rehabilitation with great control of the symptoms of muscular origin is achieved.
• Arthrocentesis and infiltrations of hyaluronic acid: a minimally invasive solution that relieves the symptoms of patients and can be repeated periodically without side effects.
• Arthroscopic Surgery to make an accurate diagnosis of intra-articular problems and often correct in situ and the patient usually improves in 90% of cases.
• orthognathic surgery: when a problem with the fit of the upper teeth with the lower, patients are subjected to combined orthodontic treatment and surgery to correct their occlusion.
• prosthetic joint replacement ATM: this alternative is gaining ground in therapeutic algorithms ATM problems. It has been seeing the early joint replacement yields better results and shortens the period of suffering of patients.