Having knowledge about the signs of infertility in both men and women, it is vital to know when to visit a specialist in assisted reproduction to perform sterility test us and advise us on the basis of the results.
Major signs of infertility
The main criterion to be taken into account to suspect a case of infertility is the time kept having sex without contraception without having achieved pregnancy; if a couple has spent a year trying, we recommend attending a fertility clinic to study the case.
It should be noted that this time may vary depending on the conditions of the couple, since, for example, a woman over 40 should wait no longer than six months to go to the clinic, while a young couple can hurry up a year and a half. Although this is the main sign of infertility, there are other symptoms that may raise suspicions.
Signs of infertility in men
In the case of men, there are several symptoms, diseases and conditions closely related to infertility:
- Lumps in the testicles are painful or not, can spell trouble for sperm production.
- Undescended testis to the scrotal sac.
- Infections and trauma to the testicles, which can leave injuries that impede pregnancy.
- Mumps contracted during puberty can cause lesions in the testes and difficult pregnancy.
- Working in hot areas of prolonged sitting or environmental toxins, such as ink or glue.
- Chemotherapy and / or radiotherapy.
Signs of infertility in women
As for women, the main factors suspected of infertility are:
- Irregular Rules: can mean the existence of ovulatory problems.
- Abdominal surgery: are a risk factor for injuries and adhesions in the fallopian tubes.
- Infection tubes and ovaries.
- Chemotherapy and / or radiotherapy damage the ovaries.