Dental implants are increasingly placed in dental clinics. As this procedure has gained popularity in recent years, there are increasing offers from clinics. Even so, it is important to consider many factors, not just the price, when choosing a clinic for the placement of dental implants.
The cost of the operation depends on many factors, such as the brand of the implant used, the replacement of the strawberries to prepare the bone, the preparation of the operating room, the quality of the attachments, the prosthesis and the technician that the and continuous training of the professional who is going to do the work.
Some tips to get the success of the placement of our implants are:
- Choosing a good professional. This must be formed in this specialty, as you will have to correctly position the implant, handling the bone and gingiva properly for long-term stability. In addition, the implant brand that it uses must have passed a series of controls and have a surface that helps a correct integration of the implant.
- Make sure there are no periodontal diseases before implant placement. If there are problems such as gingivitis or periodontitis, the corresponding treatment must be performed before implant surgery. This will prevent the transfer of bacteria from teeth to dental implants.
- Choosing a Quality Prosthesis. The prosthesis should fit tightly over the implant head so there are no grooves or spaces that allow bacteria to enter. In addition, the metals used must be compatible with the implant and with the gum and be well polished to avoid contamination. A good laboratory technician will better reproduce the dental anatomy, which will result in better aesthetics and better mastication.
- Follow a review and maintenance program. The patient should check his dental implants every 6 months to see if the white tissues are well maintained, if there is no inflammation and to make x-rays of control to verify that the bone levels are maintained. To clean the implants, special instruments are needed with materials that do not scratch their surface, such as Teflon or titanium.
- Maintain good oral hygiene during the day to day. After brushing, floss or interproximal brushes should be used. In cases of rehabilitation, it is advisable to use a pressure water irrigator and special silk for bridges.