Summer is an excellent time to recover from an intervention, because normally with the vacations we have more time for us and this allows us to rest more and that the recovery is simpler and less annoying.
After a surgical procedure it is usual to have scars, but this does not mean that they have to be very visible or of poor quality. At Clínica Granado Tiagonce we take care of this aspect from the first moment so that they are as imperceptible as possible.
How to take care of yourself in summer after an aesthetic operation
- It is not advisable to give us the sun until after a month of the intervention, since the sun increases the inflammation. From the month can be taken gradually and with full screen sun protection. We also have healing measures such as creams and patches.
- With regard to hygiene, we can shower normally , but with caution and without submerging in the bathtub, pool or sea.
- Do not do physical exertion during the first month. Of course the resumption of physical and sports activity varies according to the intervention and type of exercise that the patient wants to practice.
- In body surgeries a piece of pressure therapy should be worn during the first post-operative month, which can only be removed at the time of the shower.
- Beware of sweat , because at this time of year the body sweat more than usual and moisture on the skin is not good for wounds. Therefore, we must keep the operated area dry for faster healing.
- The scars are predisposed to create adhesions to deeper planes, remaining "anchored". To prevent, we will perform a circular massage on the own scar, to take it off. We can do it applying some cream or healing oil and thus we also keep the zone hydrated.
The summer season does not adversely affect surgical procedures and does not influence their results, in fact, it can be a great time to perform an intervention that takes more time to recover, such as a tummy tuck, breast augmentation or a rhinoplasty .
Yes it is true that there are operations more comfortable than others according to the season of the year. For example, in a breast surgery recovery will be more enjoyable in summer since at this time we go with lighter clothing and we do not have to wear several layers of clothing that oppress us more that area. However, there are other interventions that may be a little more uncomfortable during the summer season, for example a tummy tuck, since we must wear a sash during the month following the intervention.
In short, any time of year is good for an intervention. Each patient should assess their personal situation and choose the time when they will be more comfortable and relaxed. Even so, we must take into account that it is usually in summer when we have more free time to relax and thus we do not have to ask for a work stoppage and we can dedicate ourselves exclusively to our recovery.
For more information consult a plastic surgeon .