We can define immediate implants as the placement of one or more implants in the same session after removal of one or more teeth.
For immediate loading is defined as the fixation of the implant provisional prosthesis within the first 48 hours after the dentist place the implant.
Success of immediately loaded implants:
- Bone quality: variations in the quality and amount of bone in the maxillary different regions determine the success of the implants. To replace a full arch at least 4 implants to be placed fixed prostheses are necessary provisional. It is a very reliable method, with a success rate of 97.5%, in patients with edentulous.
- Primary implant stability: the degree of fixation presenting the implant when insertion. We got rough surface using implants, which accelerate the process of osseointegration. Also important is the shape and design of the implant that must produce increased mechanical retention in the bone. The amount of surface contact with the bone varies during the healing phase, being lower between 3 and 6 post-implant insertion weeks.
- Absence of movement during the healing phase, that is, prevent axial loads on the prosthesis interfering osseointegration. It is therefore important that patients during these first six weeks take soft diet.
Advantages of immediate load implants
- Avoid aesthetic problems throughout the process of integration of the implants.
- Dental extractions, implants and prostheses are made on the same day in most cases.
- Fewer interventions.
- Reduce the psychological effects on patients, because at no time are without teeth.
Disadvantages of immediate load implants:
- The same drawbacks of immediate loading are no different from implant treatment.