The medical specialty of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery aims to treat all pathologies located on the head, neck and oral cavity. Maxillofacial surgeon treats the following areas:
- Oncology Head and Neck tumors oral cavity, skin, jaws, orbit or skull base
- craniofacial trauma: dentoalveoalres fractures, jaw fractures, nasal fractures ofracturas maxilla • oncologic reconstructive surgery: microvascular grafts, pedicle flaps
- dentofacial malformations: ortogática surgery, chin surgery
- cystic diseases of the jaw and neck: thyroglossal cyst, dermoid cysts, brachial cysts
- Glàndulassalivares surgery: tumors of parotid, submandibular gland tumors or sublingual
- Simple or advanced oral surgery: tooth extraction trial, apicoectomies, soft tissue grafts, bone grafts, maxillary cysts
- Simple or Advanced Implantology
- Aesthetic facial and cervical surgery: facelift, blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty, or malar prosthesis bichectomías
Aesthetic medicine and oral surgery
Aesthetic medicine helps supplement oral treatments Surgery to achieve a better outcome for the patient. Before aesthetic medicine entered the usual management of maxillofacial surgeons were available only invasive treatments like surgery fatty tissue or soft, retensados surgical, etc. without achieving optimal results because we were not trying all areas grafts. For example, you could treat wrinkles but not treat blemishes or skin rejuvenation, so the anti-aging facial appearance was not so grateful.
Treatments Oral Surgery Aesthetic Medicine
One of the treatments that can be combined is an oncological surgery on facial with reconstruction and then combine it with graft fatty tissue or fillers used in cosmetic medicine as hyaluronic acid, to provide a more natural facial appearance.
You can also combine aesthetic refinements in patients undergoing orthognathic surgery or lifting, placing botulinum toxin to minimize wrinkles in the upper third or enhancing the profile of hyaluronic acid lip and even after micropigmentando these lips.
Other common applications is to perform chemical peels, mesotherapy with vitamins, laser or treatment of platelet - rich plasma to rejuvenate the skin of patients before or after performing some oral and maxillofacial surgery.
Reduce or eliminate fat volume is also a treatment concerning these specialties, because you can carry out treatments to reduce localized fat jowls without performing surgery with good results.
Benefits of Cosmetic Surgery Oral Medicine
After oral surgery, also it is used to aesthetic medicine by prescription cosmetic treatments such as post operative care with specialized creams for each case. This combination is very beneficial for the patient, as antiaging treatments as food supplements, diets, edible collagen or hyaluronic acid among others, strengthen the body and provide nutrients that enhance the results obtained by surgical treatment. In fact, not heal like a person with correct indexes of vitamin C and D, omega 3, protein and other collagen deficient them.
In conclusion, the Aesthetic Medicine acts as an adjunct in the Oral Surgery helps achieve excellence in results. By both, and not only the specific problem it is, but works together area and patient global. For example, a facelift not only wrinkles be treated, but can treat all skin of the face and neck with mesotherapy for more light and elasticity, as well as giving supplements orally to improve long - term results.