Service medical home care to patients with advanced chronic diseases is intended to perform a personalized medical assistance tailored to the needs of patients at all times always at home with the visit of a medical service at home , avoiding displacement and income hospital.
Who is it for the service of home health care?
Service home health care is intended to:
- Patients with advanced chronic disease or multiple diseases that are dependent and need care at home. The main pathologies are chronic advanced heart disease, COPD or other respiratory diseases, advanced kidney failure, advanced liver failure, neurodegenerative diseases (multiple sclerosis, ALS, Parkinson's), Evolved neuromuscular disease, dementia or metabolic diseases such as diabetes
- Patients with a chronic disease is well controlled and are not dependent but suffer a worsening of their condition
- sicker patients who need a home monitoring after discharge until recovery
Chronic patient care at home
The patient with multiple diseases or advanced chronic need of a figure to coordinate the different treatments and drugs to avoid duplication or incompatibilities. With a global and adjusted each time vision, the doctor can at home tailor treatment to the actual situation without resorting to specialists. Moreover, the same global vision, and knowledge of the patient in their natural environment, can establish a realistic plan monitoring and tailored to your needs. Proper monitoring can detect early decompensation, treat, and prevent hospitalization if possible.
Special care for chronic patients
Patients with multiple diseases or advanced chronic and / or their caregivers may need:
- Answer questions with medications
- Check the appearance of any new symptoms
- Advice on nutrition, skin care, changes in behavior or sleep pattern ...
- Nursing care: making constant, cures ulcers, etc.
- Advice on technical aids or adaptations at home f. Advice on care needs, decision making, advance directives, etc.
Patient benefits of home health care
- personalized health care quality and address, taking into account the patient's needs at all times
- Resolution at the home of most clinical situations, avoiding hospital admissions
- Perception of safety and health accompanying