Life expectancy in the world is increasing, and people want to enjoy life without giving importance to age. Thus, according to the World Health Organization, Spain is the second largest country in terms of longevity, with an average of 80.1 years for men and 85.5 for women. Thus, people live longer now, and we want this time to be years of quality, a fact that has motivated the growth of the demand for Preventive Medicine and Antiaging.
Inside the cells and organized into genes is the DNA of each person. All people have between 20,000 and 25,000 genes, and each one is responsible for performing a function in the body, providing unique traits to each individual. This is why we need so many personalized treatments.
Genetic tests: what is analyzed with them?
It is through Genetic Tests that you can get important information that helps you make the decision of which treatment is most appropriate for each person.
A genetic test analyzes endless parameters and characteristics. Potential longevity, vascular risk, immune system, obesity, bone health, dermogenetic analysis, oxidative stress, cognitive potential, drug response ... You can also know, for example, what the health of our hair or why cellulite originates.
There are several types of tests, and each one is oriented towards a specific field:
- Antiaging : it indicates the risk factors that condition the passage of the years, that is to say, to what we are susceptible and how to avoid it to delay the impact of the aging in the organism.
- Woman : reports the hormonal effects at each stage of life. This allows balance the hormonal level to enjoy an optimal state / physical appearance regardless of age.
- Executive : through the maladjustments or deficiencies that the organism shows, it is possible to improve the performance and the work capacity.
- Nutrition. Knowing the nutrients and foods recommended for each person helps control the weight in a healthy way.
- Sport : lets you know how the athlete can achieve maximum performance.
- Fibromyalgia : seeks the origin of problems in order to improve the quality of life and decrease symptoms.
How are genetic tests used?
It is a very simple procedure. DNA is extracted from a sample of saliva and it is processed in the laboratory. With the obtained genetic information an individualized clinical document is elaborated preventive and useful for the whole life
For more information consult a specialist in Aesthetic Medicine .