A male patient has come to the office of Dr. Jennifer Gutierrez Otero to improve their dental aesthetics. We show you step by step the procedure.
1. A lack of space in the lower arch is detected, which also makes the patient's oral hygiene difficult.
2. One doubts between extracting the lower incisor, placed inwards, or aligning the teeth by orthodontic treatment, but finally, we choose to keep the lower incisor and rehabilitate the four incisors with porcelain veneers .
3. Once the question of space is resolved and a retention is placed. This results in the lower incisor being completely aligned with the adjacent teeth.
4. For the preparation of porcelain veneers , the appearance of each tooth, its color, the position with respect to the other teeth and with respect to the lips, etc. are studied.
5. Before placing the prepared veneers, it is usually necessary to remove a small layer of tooth enamel so that the veneer is fixed permanently. In this first session, the patient is given provisional resin veneers .
6. The patient returns so that the four final porcelain veneers are placed on the lower incisors.