No - scalpel vasectomy is a surgical technique described by Dr.. Le Shunqiang in Sichuan Province (China). With it, vasectomy is performed with a minimally invasive method, without using the classic scalpel skin.
In order to do two special tools are required:
- A clamp with ring-shaped end to secure the deferential
- Another with very fine fibers for dislacerar skin and make a miniapertura through which end is removed for sectioning and deferent occlude both ends.
This procedure is performed under local anesthesia administered with a very fine needle, similar to that of insulin, and outpatient. In the hands of an expert in urology , surgery is performed in about 10-15 min.
NSV: advantages and disadvantages
The main advantages of no - scalpel vasectomy are:
- Less aggressively: only one miniapertura skin is needed in the middle of the scrotum
- Less anesthesia requirements
- fewer complications
- Minimal postoperative pain
The disadvantages are minimized in: providing specific instruments, which is very economical, and have a broad notion of the procedure.
Recommendation no - scalpel vasectomy
This type of vasectomy can be performed almost all patients. Exceptionally, some interventions may be more difficult if performed in patients with very high testicles (in the root of the scrotum) or a very tight scrotum.
Complications are rare. There are only two possible: infection and bruising. When it comes to surgery without scalpel, they are even rarer, because the wound and the need for anesthetic infiltration is minimal.
Once practiced vasectomy, the patient is no longer fertile at the time. Vasectomy obstructs the passage of sperm to the rest of the seminal track instantly, but there are stored sperm vesicles. It formed prior to vasectomy and therefore contains spermatozoa.
Until the content of the vesicles can not change system, will sperm in the ejaculate. In fact, it takes a minimum of 20 ejaculations or about 3 months for this.
In practice it is recommended that another method of contraception for 3 months and, thereafter, make a seminogram. Once confirmed the absence of sperm in the semen analysis, it is possible to stop using contraception.
Postoperative care that the patient should follow are:
- Apply antiseptic on the skin wound for a week
- Ingesting mild analgesics, as anti-inflammatory, for 24 to 48 hours
- Keeping a tight slip or scrotal for 5-7 days
- Not perform intense physical activity (sport) for 2-3 days
- Not having ejaculations for a week