Throughout her life, the woman goes through different hormonal processes that affect her physiology, morphology and mood. Each of these stages needs specific monitoring and treatment. For this reason, all women should visit the gynecologist at least once a year to perform a routine checkup.
In addition to these annual visits, there are certain symptoms for which a woman should consult her gynecologist. We detail them below:
1. Irregularities in the menstrual cycle or sudden interruption of the period.
2. Appearance of disorders: metrorrhagia (bleeding more abundant in quantity and duration), appearance of intermenstrual bleeding ...
3. Very strong menstrual pain (dysmenorrhea).
4. Pain or bleeding, during or after sex.
5. Abundant vaginal discharge, fluid or thick, with abnormal color or odor.
6. Nodules in the breasts, abnormal secretion in the nipples, pain or alteration in the contour of the breasts (lumps, hardness, retractions of the skin ...).
7. Itching, irritation or vulvar redness.
8. Pain or stinging when urinating or increased frequency of urination.
9. Abnormal pains in the abdomen (strong cramping).
10. Early detection and control of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) for their timely treatment.
The purpose of the visit to the gynecologist is, above all, the early diagnosis of possible diseases, which can be very serious or have important consequences for the reproductive health of women.
Some women are very strict with these consultations and others prefer to go as little as possible and cross their fingers to avoid having the bad luck of having any gynecological problem and finding out once it's too late. Each woman owns her actions, but even so, each woman should be aware of the risks to her health as a result of her decisions.